250 knots below 10,000

Never had a problem getting slowed to configure. Used to do it in the Lear 31 going into EYW on a regular basis. Flaps 8 could go out at 250 which was nice.

Also once asked for and received permission for >250 below 10k so we could pass a slow spirit Airbus and not have to slow to 200.

Ever have a problem being stabilized doing that?

Maybe SouthernJet pilots are better at getting slowed and stabilized than pilots from the airline formerly known as Continental. ; )

I also hear that former 1900 pilots struggle with energy management because they really never had to use it when they operated that airframe. I can see that as a possibility due to the fact that a 1900 equates to nothing more than a big cessna. However, airline training departments around the world all praise how well former metro pilots handle energy management. :)

j/k

Maybe SouthernJet pilots are better at getting slowed and stabilized than pilots from the airline formerly known as Continental. ; )

I agree it shouldn't be a problem if one needs to go fast below 10K and be stabilized for your approach.

However, someone thinks they know better than me.

I agree it shouldn't be a problem if one needs to go fast below 10K and be stabilized for your approach.

However, someone thinks they know better than me.

The same someone that doesn't like to give compulsory reports to Havana I'm guessing?

If you think that your friends primarily judge you by what you drive, you have problems.
If they actually do, you have even bigger problems.
1355331549061.jpg

A minivan has a similar stigma to the station wagon of the late 70's early 80's.

Hopefully Seggy doesn't become the modern day Clark Griswald.

Attachments

• wagon.jpg
    wagon.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 91
If you think that your friends primarily judge you by what you drive, you have problems.
If they actually do, you have even bigger problems.

Roger, pay attention! You missed the exit for Joke City! Now you've got to double-back! :)

A minivan has a similar stigma to the station wagon of the late 70's early 80's.

Hopefully Seggy doesn't become the modern day Clark Griswald.
Ummm...The family truckster is cool. Nobody will say that about a mini van.

Back