21 Aircraft flyover for President Bush...

In general are were turning the death of a President into a spectacle?

They're the head bureaucrat, not a King or a Caesar. The elected citizen that maintains the cogs. Or is that where we are as a society? We've turned the position into something akin to God's chosen one?

They're the head bureaucrat, not a King or a Caesar. The elected citizen that maintains the cogs. Or is that where we are as a society? We've turned the position into something akin to God's chosen one?
This isn't a new thing.

My grandfather who was a B-24 bombardier and POW had a flyover of C-17s at his funeral. I don't think this is too out of place for a president.

And I suspect they're not just flying over for the purpose of flying over. There's probably legitimate training activities that can be conducted during such a flight. If nothing else, launching and recovering 21 aircraft at one time is probably pretty significant just by itself.

Not unless they recovered on a carrier in Chesapeake Bay.

I was touched by the ordinary citizens who turned out to greet the train that his casket was riding in.

1544160889795.png

1544160931980.png

1544160967903.png

1544161006208.png

1544161037904.png

1544161071950.png

1544161162675.png

1544161226616.png

This is a Internet forum, not a funeral.
It's a thread about a funeral on an Internet forum, IMHO you politicizing it is a bit disrespectful and in poor taste regardless of who it is. Everyone knows you hate the current president, you don't need to reaffirm that fact every chance you get. It gets old and makes you look like a dullard with only one thing to say, over and over and over and over..........

It's a thread about a funeral on an Internet forum, IMHO you politicizing it is a bit disrespectful and in poor taste regardless of who it is. Everyone knows you hate the current president, you don't need to reaffirm that fact every chance you get. It gets old and makes you look like a dullard with only one thing to say, over and over and over and over..........

Ok. Aren’t you the guy who doesn’t see anything wrong with calling people retards?

Ok. Aren’t you the guy who doesn’t see anything wrong with calling people retards?
Yes. It was not a derogatory term when I grew up, it was a medical diagnosis. Using it as an insult is wrong.
Why did you bring Trump into this thread? George HW didn't even support him, nor did he apparently vote for him, Trump has no place in this conversation but you just had to think you would appear clever if you found a way to drag this thread down the same old rabbit hole, it makes you look like a disrespectful, petulant ass.

Back