2010 Payscale question.

Peteistheman82

Is there a dramatic increase in the base salary for new Air Traffic Controllers from 2009 to 2010?

I had my PEPC in January 09 and I signed my Tol at $32,900 + 16 %Locality pay for AZ.

My brother had his PEPC Today (6/21/09) and he told me that his TOL was $45,000 + 36% Locality pay. (Bay Area).

He was hired for Enroute and I was Hired for terminal. Would that make a difference?

Also I currently work for the Bureau of Land Management and we're receiving a 25% raise. So I was wondering if this is just a Federal Government thing. Maybe an Obama thing. If anyone has any answers to thise I'm sure everyone on the forum would love to hear them.
Thanks

Is there a dramatic increase in the base salary for new Air Traffic Controllers from 2009 to 2010?

I had my PEPC in January 09 and I signed my Tol at $32,900 + 16 %Locality pay for AZ.

My brother had his PEPC Today (6/21/09) and he told me that his TOL was $45,000 + 36% Locality pay. (Bay Area).

He was hired for Enroute and I was Hired for terminal. Would that make a difference?

Also I currently work for the Bureau of Land Management and we're receiving a 25% raise. So I was wondering if this is just a Federal Government thing. Maybe an Obama thing. If anyone has any answers to thise I'm sure everyone on the forum would love to hear them.
Thanks
If the salary you mentioned is without locality pay, I'm going to start making some calls to my HR rep. There's a big difference between 32.9K plus locality and 45K plus locality.

Can any other PEPCer today confirm the pay?

Thanks

What levels are the facilities? Swinte - I agree... that's a huge difference.

What levels are the facilities? Swinte - I agree... that's a huge difference.
Man.. If that's my starting salary as a trainee at my facility, that's pushing ALL of us over the 50k mark, even people at level 6 and 7 towers...

Thanks

$32,900 multiplied by 1.36, which should give the total for what your brother would make, equals $44,744. That's awfully close to that $45,000 number. My guess is that your brother gave you his total pay, including his locality. Just my guess, though.

$32,900 multiplied by 1.36, which should give the total for what your brother would make, equals $44,744. That's awfully close to that $45,000 number. My guess is that your brother gave you his total pay, including his locality. Just my guess, though.
:banghead:
I really hope that's not the case...

Based on your facility level the base pay changes so you need to make sure what level the facilities you are going to are entitled to as well as the locality rate in that area......

Based on your facility level the base pay changes so you need to make sure what level the facilities you are going to are entitled to as well as the locality rate in that area......
That is incorrect.

Base pay for all trainees out of the academy is the same. Locality percentages tacked on to your base pay affect what you take home, which is directly related to your facility level.

Along similar lines, anyone have opinions on asking for a raise after signing the TOL based on so much time passing between signing and start date? lol

I won't lie to you, I'm not trying to be stingy, but everything else goes up while time passes.. :(

That is incorrect.

Base pay for all trainees out of the academy is the same. Locality percentages tacked on to your base pay affect what you take home, which is directly related to your facility level.

Agreed.

https://employees.faa.gov/employee_services/pay_perf/pay/media/ATSPP_pay_bands_no_locality.xls

According to the FAA's pay bands, it looks like new hire pay has actually decreased a bit from this chart.

Edit: That being said, I would love it if we were all making 45K after we get out of the academy.

You very well could be right. I'll be talking to him tonight when he gets back from Chicago. Also he mentioned that his training pay was $24,000 annually. Which is also way more than 2009.

Also, as I just mentioned above in a response, My brother told me that his training pay was 24,000 Annual. so that would be $2000 a month before per diem. I'm pretty sure mine was 1500 a month before per diem.

I'm still waiting formy academy date so I'd love to get the new pay rates. :)

OK... Calm down people.

I apologize for getting anyones hopes up. I just called him and he re-read it to me and yah, it's 45,000 (including) locality pay.

my bad.

I'm editing my own post because I understand it now:

Look at this thread about the 2009 pay scale.

Once you are out of OKC all controllers make $33,700 regardless of facility level until they finish the first phase of training. That means that before you finish your first phase of training, people at higher level facility will not make more money than people at lower level facilities. Instead, people at locations with higher locality pay will start off earning more. After completing the first phase of training, then that starts to shift.

My FOL states that after OKC I will earn:
"$38,496 per annum, which includes 14.23% locality pay."
So that checks out if you do:
33700 + 33700*.1423 = 38496
So to see what anyone is earning at any facility after they graduate and before they complete the first phase of training just do:
33700 + 33700*locality = salary

On my FOL it says:

OKC: "Salary: $20,035 per annum, which includes 14.23% locality pay"

ZID: "Salary: $38,496 per annum, which includes 14.23% locality pay"

So does "including" that mean that locality is already calculated in the $20,035 figure?

Or is it really $20,035 + (.1423*20035) = $22,886?
Including means it is already figured into the total.

At least you're not stuck with my locality pay of 13.86%

Back