1000TT and Below Post Them As You Find Them

December 11, 2008
ORLANDO FLIGHT TRAINING (Flight Instructors - Kissimmee & Merritt Island, FL)
Tel: (407) 518 7766 x 231[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Web Site: http://www.flyoft.com

22hr start, immediate start, Merrit Island/Kissimee...

No mins listed.

Just a passing thought: the ad might be a bit deceiving regarding min advertised quals vs who actually gets the job. Maybe an A&P would grease the ways a bit ? If you go to work for Dynamic, you might end up in Iraq or Afghanistan. The pay is likely VERY good. You should be so lucky as to get this job. The competition is probably stiff.

Want a place to start ? Try Air Serve International....good outfit...bad pay...time in country...ticket into the Club ? Maybe...who knows.

By all means, apply.:nana2:

12-11-2008Send to friendJUMP PILOT C-182 Pilot Finger Lakes NY, Tel: Fax:
Details
Jump pilot wanted for 2009 season at Finger Lakes Skydivers in upstate New York. Comm, SEL, 350
hours required. Prefer skydiving or jump pilot experience and Cessna 182 time. Free housing on
the DZ. Contact John King - email: johnking@fltg.net.

Just a passing thought: the ad might be a bit deceiving regarding min advertised quals vs who actually gets the job. Maybe an A&P would grease the ways a bit ? If you go to work for Dynamic, you might end up in Iraq or Afghanistan. The pay is likely VERY good. You should be so lucky as to get this job. The competition is probably stiff.

Want a place to start ? Try Air Serve International....good outfit...bad pay...time in country...ticket into the Club ? Maybe...who knows.

A&P would definitely help. I've been applying to those guys since I broke 500TT every 100hrs or so, and so far, everytime I apply the first question is "do you have an A&P certificate?". They're a shady militant organization, however you do make serious coin flying as a captain in the sandbox (state-side the pay kind of sucks), just watch out for SA-7s.

-pat

There are a number of contractors flying over there but I'm not sure they can be called "shady".:laff:

They might not tell you all the details of what they do although it's not all secret squirrel stuff. Most of it seems to be rather ordinary stuff done in extraordinary places.

But, on payday the "shadiness" would be replaced with a giant beam of sunshine...along with a big grin on your face.:D

Keep applying...wear 'em down.

so do pilots for dynamic basically just fly passengers (i.e. contractors and troops) around areas like iraq and afghanistan or do they get around the entire world (i.e. europe, africa, china, etc)?

Re: 1000TT and Below Post Tem As You Find Them

Their website says their mins were 1,000 with A&P, if they are just 500 for A&P's let me know because I'll send in my resume.

We are in need of some FO's that are able to upgrade to captains. Send in a resume, as the division i work for (ADA) is getting 4 new airplanes by june and we dont have the pilots to crew them.

Not 100% true. Their are many segments to work for at Dynamic. That being the ISR, which is Conus and Oconus (irag/afghan) which typically pays VERY well (100day on, 78 day off rotations i believe). Then their is ADA (aerial data acquistion), AA (airieal application, IE bug spraying), and a few others.

Its a nice "stable" job, pay isn't the greatest at first, but the fact its a Stable job makes up for that IMO.

A&P would definitely help. I've been applying to those guys since I broke 500TT every 100hrs or so, and so far, everytime I apply the first question is "do you have an A&P certificate?". They're a shady militant organization, however you do make serious coin flying as a captain in the sandbox (state-side the pay kind of sucks), just watch out for SA-7s.

-pat

shady and militant, Im not even going to comment on this remark, mostly b/c you probly dont know what your talking about other than what u have read on the website.
The reason why they require a A&P cert. is b/c 75% of out flying is done in some off the wall places, and it doesn't make sense financially to have 2 pilots w/o an A&P and then to have to send an A&P mech. as well. Theirs a good bit of pilots that do have the A&P, so they are the "first served" so to speak at dynamic.Our airplane as very reliable, so its pointless in sending and A&P on a project with a 4 or 5 week rotation (non ISR) for him to sit around and possibly never touch the airplane. But on the flip-side its pointless not to send one b/c if the plane does break, it could be grounded for 3 or more days waiting on a mechanic to show up to fix the problem, and thats why we have A&P pilots.

so do pilots for dynamic basically just fly passengers (i.e. contractors and troops) around areas like iraq and afghanistan or do they get around the entire world (i.e. europe, africa, china, etc)?

It depends on the business segment you work for:

ISR- mostly stays in iraq/afghan and they do some Conus work as well.
ADA- I've been to Canada, Dominican Republic, Australia, all over the US. We have been to Panama, Suriname, Mexico, New zealand, Iceland, Greenland, Africa, Saudi Arabia, Guam, Guyana, Russia, Japan.. ADA is the 2nd most worldwide traveled segment. And you have a pretty good chance of doing alot of world traveling.
AA- Is 90% Conus. Its mostly spraying for mosquitos in the summer time, w/ bases in LA, ca , virginia, and Sarasota, FL.
SIT- is part of AA, based in jamaica, panama and LA.
Fire management, we just lease aircraft and mechanics. We dont actually fly them.. unfortunately.

If anyone else has any questions, please feel free to PM me, that way we dont side-track this thread.

invertmast,

My statement about 500 hours pilots and their prospects at Dynamic contained the word "might" since my closest (very close and sure knows a Dynamic pilot or two) source of contractor pilot info is not Dynamic but one of your major competitors. So, I don't know for sure how you guys do it but would enjoy being wrong with my guess.

I certainly hope the 500 hours guys would have a shot but with the downturn in the pilot hiring market here lately, a job that pays like Dynamic or your competitors would seem to be highly sought after and therefore a tough "get" for a low-time guy unless some overriding factor like the need for an A&P intervened to offset low flight times.

I'd hate to be looking for a job right about now.

You and your fellow contractors are doing some really interesting stuff and a good bit of it strikes me as ordinary stuff in extraordinary places. Heck, maybe that makes it extraordinary stuff.

Good luck to everyone out there in the job hunt.

invertmast,

My statement about 500 hours pilots and their prospects at Dynamic contained the word "might" since my closest (very close and sure knows a Dynamic pilot or two) source of contractor pilot info is not Dynamic but one of your major competitors. So, I don't know for sure how you guys do it but would enjoy being wrong with my guess.

I certainly hope the 500 hours guys would have a shot but with the downturn in the pilot hiring market here lately, a job that pays like Dynamic or your competitors would seem to be highly sought after and therefore a tough "get" for a low-time guy unless some overriding factor like the need for an A&P intervened to offset low flight times.

I'd hate to be looking for a job right about now.

You and your fellow contractors are doing some really interesting stuff and a good bit of it strikes me as ordinary stuff in extraordinary places. Heck, maybe that makes it extraordinary stuff.

Good luck to everyone out there in the job hunt.

I agree, right now is a very bad time to be looking for a job and low time. I got on w/ dynamic august of 07 so i kinda got into the business before the economic down turn. The A&P and commercial pilot certs are the first thing the HR ladies look at when they get a resume. Then comes the flight time and previous experience. We have some pilots w/ 250hrs TOTAL TIME sitting right seat in the king-airs, but because they have a A&P (only about 90% of them) they got the job.

let me make this known to the public though, since I forgot to mention it earlier.

The ADA and AA segments are the ONLY ones (that i know of) who will look at a 500+ hour pilot w/ an A&P. ISR is typically looking for pilots w/ 1000+ hours and an A&P is highly desire-able for the lower time pilots.
The flying we do with ADA and AA is pretty laid back. Most of the time your in pretty remote areas. But sometimes the terrain makes it a bit stressfull as well as the communication barrier in some parts of the world.

Since ive been with dynamic, i've been to: Australia, Dominican Republic, Canada (3 times), And from the east coast to the west coast and everywhere in between in the US. I've done anything from 200' AGL @ 150kias w/ 60* bank procedure turns in the day time. to 300' AGL at night wearing night vision goggles doing 60* bank steep turns.

That all being said, their are exceptions to the rules of "hiring". And afterall, it never hurts to send in a resume

12-16-2008Send to friendUNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN Flight Instructors Ann Arbor MI, Tel: Fax: 734-994-4334 http://uspilot.com/mail_resume.php?joblist_id=843 Web site: www.uofmflyers.org
Details
University of Michigan Flyers - Flight Instructors needed due to increasing student pilot load
at large university flying club and flight school. Duties include providing flight and ground
instruction, oversight of all flight operations, involvement in related administrative
functions and participation in promotional activities. An appreciation of the importance of
customer service and interpersonal skills are fundamental to the position. You need to be a
self starter with a positive, upbeat personality that can naturally motivate students.
Instructors operate as independent contractors and earn $40/hr or more. A fun and lively place
to work. Requirements: Applicant must posses the following: Commercial and current CFI-Airplane
pilot certificates, Second Class Medical Certificate. No past criminal or DUI convictions.
Applicant must considerably exceed PTS standards for knowledge and skill. Strong teaching
ability required. Solid, work ethic is a must.

12-16-2008Send to friendAMERICAN AVIATION, INC. Cessna 172 / 206 Page AZ, Web site: www.americanaviationwest.com
Details
Pilots needed to fly passenger scenic tours in Page Arizona. We are currently accepting resumes
for 2009. This is a seasonal position. To be considered, applicants must meet folloin required
minimums: Commercial SEL, 500 Hours Total Time, Cessna 207/206/172 experience preferred.

Back