10 of Mesaba CR9's going to ASA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRJDriver

According to people at Mesaba, 10 of the 15 Freedom 900's will be reallocated to ASA at the expense of 20 of their 200's. To be operated out of SLC!

The DCI beatdown continues...

According to people at Mesaba, 10 of the 15 Freedom 900's will be reallocated to ASA at the expense of 20 of their 200's. To be operated out of SLC!

The DCI beatdown continues...

True. Except our memo said our 5 900s from Delta will all be flying out of SLC, it didn't say anything about ASAs flying.

Freedom to Comair to Pinnacle to Mesaba to ASA

All of my friends in the 1/5 Mesaba class just received the cancellation phone call.

Who wants to play in the DCI CRJ-900 shell game anymore? Everyone loses.

Freedom to Comair to Pinnacle to Mesaba to ASA

All of my friends in the 1/5 Mesaba class just received the cancellation phone call.

Who wants to play in the DCI CRJ-900 shell game anymore? Everyone loses.

Wish XJ nothing but the best. But this has me happy, although furloughed, I did not make the jump.

I'll wait till I see them in ATL with "Operated by ASA" on the side to believe it. It seems as though the new VP's at Delta are undecided on what they want to do when it comes to the DCI carriers and the allocation of routes and equipment. Good luck to all because I'm for certain in the coming months a lot of people will be out of jobs.

Congrads to ASA. The Delta shell game just gets funnier and funnier.

How is this congrats? They are losing 10 planes over all.

Hopefully ALPA and management can come together to figure out a way for no one to involuntarily lose their jobs at any DCI carrier.

Hopefully ALPA and management can come together to figure out a way for no one to involuntarily lose their jobs at any DCI carrier.
Eh, you know I honestly didn't read the whole story to see they are losing a total of 10. I feel like a smuck. Sorry guys.

Anyway, keep hoping for no one to lose their jobs but it is gonna happen. We (collectively) are so screwed.

Lord have mercy things in this industry change in a heartbeat. This is completely bittersweet for ASA. We finally get the 900 that everybody here has been anticipating but with a net loss of 10 airplanes furloughs are most like inevitable.

Ive wondered the same thing. People do realize this hurts your seniority more at ASA and if things were bad before this makes them worse at ASA. It doesn't affect XJ much because its not like we are shinking its sucks for the senior people who wanted to bid over to the Canadian Lawndart and the people that potentially could have had jobs here. What it boils down to is 100 more people out on the street in the industry as opposed 100 people on the street employed at XJ.

I kept saying don't count on them tell they are here and every one told me I was negative. I wish it was just me.:rolleyes:

We (collectively) are so screwed.

The plane I love to hate (The CRJ9) causing so much angst. Wanting to fly it so bad, to get it at your company to get growth, to get the upgrade to get, to get, to get.....everything but the pay. And now it being the chip, who wants it the worst? What is your company, your group willing to give to fly it? That's why I agree generally with the statement above.

I don't see how this NW/DL deal can play out positively among the regionals. NW having traditionally some of the most ruthless management around and DL having revolving regionals with some getting sued etc. It's nice to be on the outside looking in on this one.

As they say...Easy come, easy go.

Ive wondered the same thing. People do realize this hurts your seniority more at ASA and if things were bad before this makes them worse at ASA. It doesn't affect XJ much because its not like we are shinking its sucks for the senior people who wanted to bid over to the Canadian Lawndart and the people that potentially could have had jobs here. What it boils down to is 100 more people out on the street in the industry as opposed 100 people on the street employed at XJ.

I kept saying don't count on them tell they are here and every one told me I was negative. I wish it was just me.:rolleyes:
Wonder how long till they take the other 5 away.

Wonder how long till they take the other 5 away.

It sounds to me like they want to give us planes but they have enough different Delta Conniption carrriers out of ATL(were those planes will probably be based). They are shuffling things around at mainline so there is no doubt that is what all this stems from as well as a way to get rid of 50 seaters. The problem is their backs are against the wall with 76 seater because of the JPWA and the scope limit of 120(which they are close or over) and 255 51-70 seat aircraft which is inclusive of the 120 76 seaters. There is going to be no growth at the mainline level so they can't expand the 120 76 seaters.

Now I see exactly why people say don't believe it until the plane it at the gate, and you have the release. These 900s might still be up for grabs...

Now I see exactly why people say don't believe it until the plane it at the gate, and you have the release. These 900s might still be up for grabs...
Depends if someone will park more 50 seaters to get them. :banghead:Thats my theory. We can't compete because we don't even have 20(17).:laff:

Check your ourasa email. 4 to be used in April, next 3 in may and final 3 for june schedules. 200 will begin removal in spring 2010.

Memo is up on OurASA. Very significant fact added about the 20 200s:

As part of this agreement with Delta, we will also remove 20 CRJ200 aircraft from our fleet beginning Spring 2010. Between now and then, we will be working to identify other flying opportunities for these aircraft. In the meantime, we will continue to operate our current CRJ200 fleet.

Brad Holt is Brilliant!!!!
No Furloughs!!!

Memo is up on OurASA. Very significant fact added about the 20 200s:

As part of this agreement with Delta, we will also remove 20 CRJ200 aircraft from our fleet beginning Spring 2010. Between now and then, we will be working to identify other flying opportunities for these aircraft. In the meantime, we will continue to operate our current CRJ200 fleet.

Brad Holt is Brilliant!!!!
No Furloughs!!!

I'm sure Brad is hoping that during that year, natural attrition will take care of enough pilots that if no flying is found for those 20 CRJs, ASA won't have to furlough.

By the way, what is the attrition rate over there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back