10 of Mesaba CR9's going to ASA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Brad is hoping that during that year, natural attrition will take care of enough pilots that if no flying is found for those 20 CRJs, ASA won't have to furlough.

By the way, what is the attrition rate over there?

I have no clue what the attrition rate is. Surreal and many other junior FOs at ASA can finally rest easy. Hopefully DAL doesn't change their mind for a 3rd time....

Lord have mercy things in this industry change in a heartbeat. This is completely bittersweet for ASA. We finally get the 900 that everybody here has been anticipating but with a net loss of 10 airplanes furloughs are most like inevitable.

Really?

Considering that the -200s won't be leaving until 2010. . .still hold that opinion?

The emotional roller coaster continues. Down then up. . .then down again?

Oh, nevermind. . .I see you already provided that bit of information as well as a few other responses.

Yeah - I can breath easy, but honestly. . .I was to the point of accepting a furlough and have still made significant plans to defending my ability to bring in an income. But, who knows. I'm glad the company is seeing a new airframe, but I won't believe it until they are in our paint with ASA on the nose and flying the schedules that Delta marketing has told us to fly.

The real question regarding the potential to still furlough is the number of block hours over 2009 and into 2010. That's the key, not necessarily airframe numbers but aircraft utilization. Or so I feel.

Our ALPA board is going nuts, lol

It's about time we get some good news here. Things were stagnet then bad news. I pray the good news holds. My hat goes off to Brad, still hope for the best at Comair and ExpressJet.

Mesaba is still getting 36 new 900s this year, right? I don't feel too bad. Cancelled classes are better than furloughs. Especially when your staring down the furlough gun with a wife, a small kid and another coming.

Hopefully ALPA and management can come together to figure out a way for no one to involuntarily lose their jobs at any DCI carrier.

I kind of think that ALPA is playing a key role in possible furloughs at ASA, just based on the emails they've sent. Sorry but I'm not a big fan.

It's about time we get some good news here. Things were stagnet then bad news. I pray the good news holds. My hat goes off to Brad, still hope for the best at Comair and ExpressJet.

Mesaba is still getting 36 new 900s this year, right? I don't feel too bad. Cancelled classes are better than furloughs. Especially when your staring down the furlough gun with a wife, a small kid and another coming.

Its not good news!!!!!!

I kind of think that ALPA is playing a key role in possible furloughs at ASA, just based on the emails they've sent. Sorry but I'm not a big fan.

ALPA at each airline is only as strong as their pilot group. If their MEC is weak, they cant be saved.

I wouldn't mind hearing from mxflyer as to why he feels that way...but...I've recently met with a few of our MEC's individuals including DN along with the member of our pilot group who IS the PWG on PBS.

What we must acknowledge is that dictating staffing needs is not a union task. Defending the staff is. I'm in full confidence that our association is defending every pilot's chance to maintain full time employment with our company.

mxflyer said:
Especially when your staring down the furlough gun with a wife, a small kid and another coming.

One on the way huh? Congrats! Due date?

I wouldn't mind hearing from mxflyer as to why he feels that way...but...I've recently met with a few of our MEC's individuals including DN along with the member of our pilot group who IS the PWG on PBS.

What we must acknowledge is that dictating staffing needs is not a union task. Defending the staff is. I'm in full confidence that our association is defending every pilot's chance to maintain full time employment with our company.

PM me and we'll get together. I'm glad to hear you feel that way. I've read things from the MEC and have talk with others that lead me to beleive the way I do. Unfortunately I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know many others who share the same sentiment.

A side note though, how about a request to the moderator to change the title of this thread to:
"10 of Freedom's CRJ900s going to ASA" or "10 of Freedom's, no Comair's, no Mesaba's CRJ900s now going to ASA" It's not like they were originally Mesaba's to lose, and if the merger had not happened they would have never had a shot at them

The plane I love to hate (The CRJ9) causing so much angst. Wanting to fly it so bad, to get it at your company to get growth, to get the upgrade to get, to get, to get.....everything but the pay. And now it being the chip, who wants it the worst? What is your company, your group willing to give to fly it? That's why I agree generally with the statement above.

I don't see how this NW/DL deal can play out positively among the regionals. NW having traditionally some of the most ruthless management around and DL having revolving regionals with some getting sued etc. It's nice to be on the outside looking in on this one.

As they say...Easy come, easy go.

Actually, you're on the outside looking in on this one, and I'm furloughed, because ExpressJet isn't a DCI carrier anymore.

The loss of those 25 airframes from Delta sealed my, and 346 of my coworkers, furlough.

PM me and we'll get together. I'm glad to hear you feel that way. I've read things from the MEC and have talk with others that lead me to beleive the way I do. Unfortunately I know I'm not the only one that feels this way. I know many others who share the same sentiment.

A side note though, how about a request to the moderator to change the title of this thread to:
"10 of Freedom's CRJ900s going to ASA" or "10 of Freedom's, no Comair's, no Mesaba's CRJ900s now going to ASA" It's not like they were originally Mesaba's to lose, and if the merger had not happened they would have never had a shot at them

"Delta re-allocates 10 -900s" is more accurate.

I have no clue what the attrition rate is. Surreal and many other junior FOs at ASA can finally rest easy. Hopefully DAL doesn't change their mind for a 3rd time....

I don't think ANYONE can "rest easy." Comair was getting them first. Then they came to Pinnacle. Then we were told they're going to Mesaba. Now ASA is getting them. Those -900s are getting passed around like a football player's ex-girlfriend right now. Just b/c the memo says "2010" doesn't mean Delta's not gonna accelerate it if it saves some $$$ or come down with more flying reductions later.

Even though I'm flying 2 times this month what I've been flying, watching guys on reserve break guarantee left and right, getting extended (or attempted at least) into my day off and JM calls on my days off, I'm not "resting easy" over in the left seat. I'm getting stuff paid off and saving up $$$ just in case I wind up back in the right seat. At least I know unless Pinnacle more or less shuts down I'll have a job. Anyone that's "resting easy" could very easily wind up with a rude awakening the next morning.

I don't think ANYONE can "rest easy." Comair was getting them first. Then they came to Pinnacle. Then we were told they're going to Mesaba. Now ASA is getting them. Those -900s are getting passed around like a football player's ex-girlfriend right now. Just b/c the memo says "2010" doesn't mean Delta's not gonna accelerate it if it saves some $$$ or come down with more flying reductions later.

Even though I'm flying 2 times this month what I've been flying, watching guys on reserve break guarantee left and right, getting extended (or attempted at least) into my day off and JM calls on my days off, I'm not "resting easy" over in the left seat. I'm getting stuff paid off and saving up $$$ just in case I wind up back in the right seat. At least I know unless Pinnacle more or less shuts down I'll have a job. Anyone that's "resting easy" could very easily wind up with a rude awakening the next morning.

I wish I had the financial security you do man. I'm almost done with my credit card bills (only about 700 dollars to pay back), but I still have student loans.... man they haven't gone down at all since I left ERAU.... like 15 grand. I owe my parents cash, and I'm pretty much budgeted to break an even 0 at the end of each month. =( No 401K money or savings if I get laid off. And no, I'm not paying for some expensive car or any expensive stuff.... I need a second job.

Speaking of which, anyone need computer help? $50/hr to fix anything you got.... hardware, software, user-error. :D

In my experience a large number of computer problems, as you've pointed out, are ID10T errors. If it's not that, then it's almost certainly an error between keyboard and chair.

Yeah those are very good titles. I do think that most people at Mesaba would have never wanted to ever be associated with DCI. Delta is a great company if you fly for them. However you never fly for them until the name on your paycheck matches the name on the side of your plane. At least Mesaba only had to be worried about being whipsawed by pinnacle and recently compass. Not the Goat Rodeo, Charlie Fox that DCI carriers have to worry about. Not even a clue how many.

The only way i think red tail regionals benefited from this merger is that we can now non-rev to Africa. Thank you much everyone who was contract flying for Momma D the peons over here benefited so much.

Words of wisdom from ALPA:

While we recognize the addition of this new aircraft type as a tremendous push in the right direction – the continued growth of our company and expansion of our route structure – it is also important that we adhere firmly to the notion that a new airplane isn’t on the property until it’s on the property…

Remember too, these aircraft were previously destined for several other carriers, the latest of which was Mesaba. Now Delta has decided that ten of the 15 CRJ-900’s initially slated to go there will come to ASA instead. We remain sensitive to the fact that other ALPA pilots may be affected by this development.

Good luck holding off till Spring of 2010 to start taking the -200's off line. Those 20 belong to Delta and they will tell you to start taking them off line as soon as you start taking delivery of those -900's You really won't have a choice in the matter because it's Delta's name that's on the lease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back