AVIAT 100 paper

pwttogfk

So, my AVIAT 100 teacher has asked us to interview a senior in our degree program and write a paper on it. If any of you JC'ers are seniors in Commercial Aviation, drop me a PM if you wouldn't mind...

Let's put it this way-what they told me about coming in with ratings and what I've experienced have been two different things. I was told that I'd be in a "test course" and instead I get the privilege of flying the entire 105/112 course. We'll see how things go from here...

Let's put it this way-what they told me about coming in with ratings and what I've experienced have been two different things. I was told that I'd be in a "test course" and instead I get the privilege of flying the entire 105/112 course. We'll see how things go from here...

Isn't the 105/112 course the "test course". Is it about 14 lessons?

105 is the completion course for people with prior flight training but no licenses. 112 is the exact same syllabus, but you don't have an FAA checkride at the end. It's frustrating being forced to redo the same training as people that haven't even soloed yet.

105 is the completion course for people with prior flight training but no licenses. 112 is the exact same syllabus, but you don't have an FAA checkride at the end. It's frustrating being forced to redo the same training as people that haven't even soloed yet.

I *think* we warned you about this sir... You do know that you have to do ALL of 221/222 right?

Yea 112 sucked... Serious suckness.

112 is definitely "serious suckness." Honestly, if not for UND's scholarships and music programs (I'm a double major), I probably would have transfered when I found out what 112 really was--doing my private over.

112 is definitely "serious suckness." Honestly, if not for UND's scholarships and music programs (I'm a double major), I probably would have transfered when I found out what 112 really was--doing my private over.

How many years do you have at UND? Transfer now! Or just fly out of flight support... that's what I'd do if I was doing a different major...

exactly. escape now before you sink yourself into a moneypit which also requires more money to get out of.

exactly. escape now before you sink yourself into a moneypit which also requires more money to get out of.

Had I listened to the awesome UND Jetcareers crew I would have saved THOUSANDS, seriously, THOUSANDS of dollars by not attending UND. Shame on me! Seriously :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That's not even enough of the :banghead: thing.

what ratings did you come in with? 112 is the test course for Private, i know there are test courses for the higher courses as well, but you need a commercial to be able to take them.

and yeah, UND isn't getting any cheaper........

I came in with private and instrument. 112 isn't really a test course, it's the exact same thing as 105 but without a checkride at the end. So, it's basically a private pilot part 141 course syllabus conducted under part 61.

I came in with private and instrument. 112 isn't really a test course, it's the exact same thing as 105 but without a checkride at the end. So, it's basically a private pilot part 141 course syllabus conducted under part 61.
no, it is a test course because you don't have to conduct the normal 30 lessons or meet the 35 total hour requirement, there is still a checkride at the end, just not with a DPE. 105 is designed for people who come in with around 15-25 hours so they can finish the requirements for their license.

it serves 2 purposes; 1, to ensure you can actually fly at a PP to UND standards. and 2, that you learn UND's procedures.

not that I agree with the course, i think a few lessons would be more than sufficient to ensure you know what you are doing, and if you needed a few more well then......but hey they didn't ask me.

Oh man, you are gonna hate 221/222... Instrument groundschool all over again. :panic:

Well, I just did the Gleim online groundschool and took the written 4 days later, so it's not like I've already done a full groundschool...

How much is UND costing these day PVT through CFI?

UAA was roughly $50K, but now is down to about $42K.

I am halfway through with the multi-commercial course before CFI. So far I just hit 30k this weekend. CFI is going to be another 7k approximately, plus 6k to finish up the course I am in. So ~43k for PVT - CFI. CFII and MEI is gonna cost some more though.

I started last year though so I think it might be a little more expensive now.

If you start from zero at UND it really isn't THAT expensive compared to some FBOs. It isn't really worth it if you come with ratings already done.

I am halfway through with the multi-commercial course before CFI. So far I just hit 30k this weekend. CFI is going to be another 7k approximately, plus 6k to finish up the course I am in. So ~43k for PVT - CFI. CFII and MEI is gonna cost some more though.

I started last year though so I think it might be a little more expensive now.

If you start from zero at UND it really isn't THAT expensive compared to some FBOs. It isn't really worth it if you come with ratings already done.
multi keeps going up in price, when i was a student i got it done for like 8K, now it is around 11K

I definitely remember it being cheaper at the beginning of last year. It was like 9 or 10k for multi. But everything went up this year including tuition. PVT is estimated to cost 9k now and when i started, just last summer actually I got it done with 7.1k.

Actually I just checked and total estimated cost for PVT-CFII with the CRJ Course is 57k. You can get it done a little cheaper if you study harder.

Back