AVIAT 100 paper

I am halfway through with the multi-commercial course before CFI. So far I just hit 30k this weekend. CFI is going to be another 7k approximately, plus 6k to finish up the course I am in. So ~43k for PVT - CFI. CFII and MEI is gonna cost some more though.

I started last year though so I think it might be a little more expensive now.

If you start from zero at UND it really isn't THAT expensive compared to some FBOs. It isn't really worth it if you come with ratings already done.

Agreed. UND priced well for those that come in with zero hours. It's really silly to go to UND when you already have a rating or two...

I definitely remember it being cheaper at the beginning of last year. It was like 9 or 10k for multi. But everything went up this year including tuition. PVT is estimated to cost 9k now and when i started, just last summer actually I got it done with 7.1k.

Actually I just checked and total estimated cost for PVT-CFII with the CRJ Course is 57k. You can get it done a little cheaper if you study harder.

i did my PVT in 2005 for about 6k

absolutely ridiculous that it is nearly 10k for a damn private license here now.

I just hit 38K and im on lesson 8 in 414. I still cant land the cessna from the right seat... then again my instructor has trouble even from the left.

I just hit 38K and im on lesson 8 in 414. I still cant land the cessna from the right seat... then again my instructor has trouble even from the left.

What ground school instructor do you have? I'm gonna be taking CFI next semester and I have to choice between Lovelace, Berjke, or Mallot. I heard Lovelace is pretty good but I dunno.

What ground school instructor do you have? I'm gonna be taking CFI next semester and I have to choice between Lovelace, Berjke, or Mallot. I heard Lovelace is pretty good but I dunno.

LOVELACE!!! he is hilarious and has been really good so far. Besides the massive workload, its probably one of the best classes I have been to here at UND.

other than the doc's classes, 414 ground school was the best class i had in the aviation department, and i had Skrammy...........

i did my PVT in 2005 for about 6k

absolutely ridiculous that it is nearly 10k for a damn private license here now.

That's not just at UND. I just got done instructing at a small FBO in Maryland last January and i would bet most people spent around $10,000 to get a PVT. Usually it would cost that much when people could only fly on weekends and it would take them a year to finish up.

I know TX that you are done with UND now congrats! You have probably already figured out the real Pros and Cons with UND training if you have moved on to other flying.

Rising training costs are not just focused on UND. There is an excellent forum on the general subjects category that a few of you posted on that talks about renting a 150 for $150/hr or something ridiculous to that. The fact that UND rents brand new fully IFR aircraft for a similar price than smaller FBO's rent 20 year old 172's is absolutely great. Part of that reason is because of those foreign contracts.

It shouldn't be any surprise that flight training costs are going out of control. Fuel and Insurance heavily dictate rental costs. The worst thing is that Washington is trying their hardest to force General Aviation out of this country.

Is it true that UND put a 5 knot taxi restriction in the rule book. Thats just funny. Watch out guys you will get caught with ADS-B. Big Brother Dana is watching..:bandit:

It shouldn't be any surprise that flight training costs are going out of control. Fuel and Insurance heavily dictate rental costs. The worst thing is that Washington is trying their hardest to force General Aviation out of this country.

Is it true that UND put a 5 knot taxi restriction in the rule book. Thats just funny. Watch out guys you will get caught with ADS-B. Big Brother Dana is watching..:bandit:
that didn't come from mr. safety, it came from GFK ground

did it come from ground? I'm only held to that on the ramp area.
that is what we were told in the workshops. Ground said we were taxiing too fast, since they could care less about the ramps (non-movement area), they must mean everywhere. the SPP's do only specifiy on the ramp but they very strongly emphasized that we need to slow down. personally i have always said keep it less than 10kts when taxiing on the taxiways. quick enough, yet slow enough to stop quickly.

good to know. I keep it down, but try to avoid riding the brakes or making the low voltage light come on.

good to know. I keep it down, but try to avoid riding the brakes or making the low voltage light come on.
And when does that low voltage light come on? ;)

Some instructors are so anal about the low voltage light. One of my instructors said it was ok for it be on and another insisted in never come on. I think as long as its not on for an extended period of time, its ok. I think the battery needs a little work out every once in a while.

Are you in the glass or 6 pack?

And when does that low voltage light come on? ;)

Some instructors are so anal about the low voltage light. One of my instructors said it was ok for it be on and another insisted in never come on. I think as long as its not on for an extended period of time, its ok. I think the battery needs a little work out every once in a while.

Are you in the glass or 6 pack?
the low voltage light, if it is on for 3 minutes really isn't gonna hurt anything. i would much rather run the risk of having 3 minutes less battery, than i would burn out the brakes, and be unable to stop safely.

YMMV

it usually comes on at ~1000 rpm; I usually can get a safe taxi speed at that RPM. I'm in the glass; I've never flown a TAA before, so I had no idea if the low voltage light was a huge issue. Yes, my CFI's anal about it.

Is it true that UND put a 5 knot taxi restriction in the rule book. Thats just funny. Watch out guys you will get caught with ADS-B. Big Brother Dana is watching..:bandit:[/quote]

That 5 knot restriction is a good thing, you'll begin to think differently when you see multiple solo contract students taxiing around a corner with the inside main gear off the ground! It's only a matter of time before one of them takes out a row of warriors on charlie.

That 5 knot restriction is a good thing, you'll begin to think differently when you see multiple solo contract students taxiing around a corner with the inside main gear off the ground! It's only a matter of time before one of them takes out a row of warriors on charlie.[/quote]

Hahaha it took me a minute to stop laughing. Thank god i won't be there to see a contract student smash a row of new planes. I will believe it though. I need to start listening to that live atc feed whenever i need a good laugh. I also heard that it is a requirement now to put in a flight plan say when going to a place like CKN. What's wrong with a good ol heading. A few more of these rule and they will need to incorporate a 400 level class called Weaning from the UND Bubble to be taken the final semester.

That 5 knot restriction is a good thing, you'll begin to think differently when you see multiple solo contract students taxiing around a corner with the inside main gear off the ground! It's only a matter of time before one of them takes out a row of warriors on charlie.

Hahaha it took me a minute to stop laughing. Thank god i won't be there to see a contract student smash a row of new planes. I will believe it though. I need to start listening to that live atc feed whenever i need a good laugh. I also heard that it is a requirement now to put in a flight plan say when going to a place like CKN. What's wrong with a good ol heading. A few more of these rule and they will need to incorporate a 400 level class called Weaning from the UND Bubble to be taken the final semester.[/quote]

You have to put in a flight plan to go to CKN? What the hell?

I should rephrase that i guess. I heard they are requiring people to put their route of flight in the GPS and something about not manually setting frequencies into the G1000's

Back