**FOR NYC PEPC OTS ONLY!** The "I Finally Got My FOL" Thread

Re: **FOR NYC PEPC OTS ONLY!** The "I Finally Got My FOL" Th

Congragulations KindaRadley, Nov. 10th will be here before you konw it.

Sweet! I told you it would come.

I guess i'll be seeing you out there, where did you decide on housing??

Seriously man we gotta meet up in OKC! I've been trying to get a 1br @ Walnut Gardens for the past week or so but they are claiming that they're all booked up until 10/12. For the time being, I've set up a reservation at Appletree to tide me over from 10/6 to 10/12 and then I've got another reservation at Walnut from 10/12 up through our last class date. Oh well, it's a small price to pay to finally complete the application process.
:nana2:

Seriously man we gotta meet up in OKC! I've been trying to get a 1br @ Walnut Gardens for the past week or so but they are claiming that they're all booked up until 10/12. For the time being, I've set up a reservation at Appletree to tide me over from 10/6 to 10/12 and then I've got another reservation at Walnut from 10/12 up through our last class date. Oh well, it's a small price to pay to finally complete the application process.
:nana2:

When I first contacted Walnut Gardens they told me Oct 15th. I needed a room Oct 1st. I went ahead and made the reservation and was going to stay at an Extended Stay for a couple weeks but Walnut Gardens said to check with them periodically for an earlier date. I emailed twice a week and eventually something opened for Sept 30th. So, keep trying, they get lots of cancellations and in some cases former neighbors end up rooming together to save money.

Finally got my FOL, heading out to OKC this weekend for a class start date of 8Sep, Now I'm having trouble finding lodging, anybody have a two bedroom they wanna split!?

aflink93, post your question on the Sept 8th thread there may be some peeps on there who do.

still waiting for a call with my class date. Maybe my HR rep will "get around to it" sometime.

still waiting for a call with my class date. Maybe my HR rep will "get around to it" sometime.

Yeah, maybe sometime in the next year we'll find out ... :sarcasm:

I received a call at 6:45 PM ET on Tuesday evening (from someone who isn't my POC) asking if I wanted to go to the Academy on Sept 8 (in 5 days). He said all my stuff has cleared so he was calling to see if I could get to OKC on such short notice. I have to give at least 2 weeks notice at my job & train someone so I said I couldn't do it. He said he didn't have permission to put me in any other classes but to plan on a Nov. class date and he or my POC would call me when they receive permission to put me another class.

When I first contacted Walnut Gardens they told me Oct 15th. I needed a room Oct 1st. I went ahead and made the reservation and was going to stay at an Extended Stay for a couple weeks but Walnut Gardens said to check with them periodically for an earlier date. I emailed twice a week and eventually something opened for Sept 30th. So, keep trying, they get lots of cancellations and in some cases former neighbors end up rooming together to save money.

Thanks, I will. By chance could you PM me the email address? They told me to call in everyday, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to email as well.

I received a call at 6:45 PM ET on Tuesday evening (from someone who isn't my POC) asking if I wanted to go to the Academy on Sept 8 (in 5 days). He said all my stuff has cleared so he was calling to see if I could get to OKC on such short notice. I have to give at least 2 weeks notice at my job & train someone so I said I couldn't do it. He said he didn't have permission to put me in any other classes but to plan on a Nov. class date and he or my POC would call me when they receive permission to put me another class.

Yeaup, he must have called me right after he talked to you. I got the call around 1855hr ET. He told me the same thing. At least we have an idea when something "may" happen.

I was at the NYC PEPC on July 8th--en route at ZKC. I got a call this afternoon that I start class on November 10! It sounds like they are finally starting to fill some en route classes. Yea!

It's official! I just got my phone call today at about 3 pm EST. Dec 4th class date. Then off to PCT

It's official! I just got my phone call today at about 3 pm EST. Dec 4th class date. Then off to PCT

Me too! I'm also headed to PCT and have the same class date; I was at the NY PEPC on 7/10.

So many going to PCT! Im also heading to there, I had my PEPC on July 9th and class starts Oct 8. Have either of you guys decided where in the area you will live? Its pretty pricey out there.

I'm from DC, so I'm familiar with the area. I haven't thought about any of that yet because it's atleast 5 months from now. So here we go.

I'm from DC, so I'm familiar with the area. I haven't thought about any of that yet because it's atleast 5 months from now. So here we go.

Right but, the problem being that you technically only get 1 day to report to your fac. after OKC, so you gotta know where to go. They definitely don't make it easy.

I'm not sure yet where I will live, but I'm hoping to make a trip down there sometime in the next couple months to take a look at the area. It seems more expensive than where I am now (southern NJ), but my boyfriend and I will be splitting the costs so it shouldn't be too bad. He was also at the NY PEPC and is headed for Manassas ATCT but hasn't received his FOL yet. At any rate, we're probably going to look a little more south and west of the area; it seems a little more affordable the further away from DC you get.

One day huh? wow. I guess I'll have a roomie for the first couple of months till I find a spot. I've heard from other people on this board that their facilities gave them a week to report after OKC. Ah well. It's still hitting me that I gotta leave my boys during the 3 round of the playoffs when we are a serious state title contender.

Back