SJS epidemic to get worse?

Take a look at the newest form of the diease:D

1375312.jpg

I think I'm going to hurl.

Funny. All I see when I look at one is the Bac 1-11, the DC9-10/30, the F28/F100, the 737-200, the BAe146, and the tens of thousands of major airline jobs that no longer resist as a result of two little letters.

R & J.

:yeahthat:

I just don't get why US management didn't that the deal? By keeping all flying in house airlines can be more flexible and more quick to make changes to the business as needed.

Don't you remember what I told you when we all got together that night? The management that you're used to at other companies doesn't exist in this business. Airline managers aren't concerned about profits or building a successful business. They're only concerned about ego. The biggest ego boost they can get won't come from increasing profits. No, it will come from busting the mighty unions. They view unions as foes to be defeated. And when they're successful, it's a huge ego boost for them. If it costs the company billions and drives them into bankruptcy, then they're ok with that. So long as they feed their ego and beat us down, they're happy. People think I'm exaggerating about this stuff, but it's really the complete, honest truth.

Yeah? Which is just a stretched 700, which is just a stretched 200, which is just a stretched Challenger.

For what it's worth, most of our -900's have the access door on the right side of the plane, but there sure ain't no galley back there.

The 7 and 9 are actually different airframes than the 200. The 200 is the only frame of a 605 that is stretched.

They built the 7 from the ground up, closely relating it to the 200 (some systems, but same cockpit minus some improvements) and then stretched that for the 9 and 1000.

Don't you remember what I told you when we all got together that night? The management that you're used to at other companies doesn't exist in this business. Airline managers aren't concerned about profits or building a successful business. They're only concerned about ego. The biggest ego boost they can get won't come from increasing profits. No, it will come from busting the mighty unions. They view unions as foes to be defeated. And when they're successful, it's a huge ego boost for them. If it costs the company billions and drives them into bankruptcy, then they're ok with that. So long as they feed their ego and beat us down, they're happy. People think I'm exaggerating about this stuff, but it's really the complete, honest truth.

You crack me up!

:D

Glad you're entertained, Steve, but it's the truth. I speak from a position of experience, having spent years across the table from these guys. What is your experience with airline management?

From a ramper's stand point, I wonder how often it would get bulked out. Doesn't look like they stretched the pit by more then 3 or 4 feet from a 700. To hell with winter loads on that thing.

Thing looks like a jet powered metroliner. The Montreal sewer-pipe anyone?

Dude let's get some unducted Garrets on that thing, kinda like the engines they put on some MD-80's to test back in the 1980's. Nothing says Metroliner like the sound of a giant, pissed off mosquito, and Garret has that number on lock down!

Slides

Welp. Looks like the 1000 has evac slides!

Does it?

I'm just wondering why it would since it looks like it is low enough to not be required to have them.

I read somewhere that the CRJ-700/900 are angled down partly for this reason.

The EMB-135/140/145 are one inch below the height of 6'0" that would require a slide, if I remember correctly.

The threshold of the main cabin door in this CRJ1000 picture just doesn't look like it's that high off the ground.

Re: Slides

Does it?

I'm just wondering why it would since it looks like it is low enough to not be required to have them.

I read somewhere that the CRJ-700/900 are angled down partly for this reason.

The EMB-135/140/145 are one inch below the height of 6'0" that would require a slide, if I remember correctly.

The threshold of the main cabin door in this CRJ1000 picture just doesn't look like it's that high off the ground.

Eh, maybe. I only said it looks like it doesn't because it doesn't have that "angled" down look.

Maybe Bomba just "lowered" the thing so it doesn't have the really odd angeled appearance. While still not having evac slides.

**This a.net moment has been sponsered by**

Durex XS condoms. Not at all to be confused with Magnum XL's

www.buildagurl.com when you really, really want to build a "girlbot" in your parents garage.

KY Jelly. For when you can afford to purchase or finance a "buildagurl."

And lastly. By coa787. Who is probably camped out at the end rwy 6L at KCLE looking for "go arounds."

Because they're hasn't been one KCLE for well over a year!

Don'tcha know!

:p

CLE ATC

And lastly. By coa787. Who is probably camped out at the end rwy 6L at KCLE looking for "go arounds."

Because they're hasn't been one KCLE for well over a year!

There hasn't been one for over a year because the controllers at CLE believe six miles spacing is tight and you'd better slow to final approach speed if you're coming up on five miles in trail on final, to a plane that flies the same approach speed you do.

And two downwind legs flown at 170 knots culminating in a 25 mile final that -- oh, sorry I forgot this is the CRJ1000 thread. :p

I dunno. The first thing I thought of was "Dang, Bombardier must be hurting to make their pilots go to the self serve pumps."

It just looks like it would suck to sit in the back of that thing. Same stuff, longer tube.

There hasn't been one for over a year because the controllers at CLE believe six miles spacing is tight and you'd better slow to final approach speed if you're coming up on five miles in trail on final, to a plane that flies the same approach speed you do.

And two downwind legs flown at 170 knots culminating in a 25 mile final that -- oh, sorry I forgot this is the CRJ1000 thread. :p

Sounds like DTW.

Back