You know you are an airline pilot when...

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
You are no longer another face in the crowd, but actually a regular at the Starbucks at one of the largest airports in the world :)

continue...

You don't know what day of the week it is, what city you're in, what city you just came from and what city you're going to next! ;)
(I'm not a pilot, but can certainly relate!!) :D

Cute thread, BTW. :)

You are no longer another face in the crowd, but actually a regular at the Starbucks at one of the largest airports in the world :)

continue...

... You know you're an airline pilot when...

...you are a career professional pilot and go into Starbucks and respond to the "what can I get you today" with "do you have any jobs available?"

The captain dares you to go get the newspaper you both can see through the terminal window a passenger just put down as he was boarding, and you then give the captain a friendly wave as you pick up the newspaper. :hiya:

Q: How do you get the furloughed airline pilot off your porch?

A: Pay him for the pizza!!! ;)

You know you are an airline pilot when the guy working at Starbucks makes more money than you do.

....when you're flipping switches in your sleep....

You eat the food some other passenger or crewmember left behind in your aircraft... or you have to contemplate wearing your underwear inside out because they juniorman you for an overnight trip...

You don't know what day of the week it is, what city you're in, what city you just came from and what city you're going to next! ;)
(I'm not a pilot, but can certainly relate!!) :D

Cute thread, BTW. :)

I totally had that day the other day.

It's kind of fun, in a devil-may-care kinda existentialist kinda way. :)

You get in your car from a trip, and set the parking brake at all the stoplights...

....when you find yourself spending countless hours rotting your brain on numerous pilot chat boards.

I just thought that meant you were sitting reserve..:laff::laff:

Sadly, no. I wish that was my excuse. Just too much time off. Flightinfo, APC, JetCareers, Bluepilots, JetBluePilots (yes, those are two different sites). I gotta stop getting all my chores done in the morning so I have something else to do in the evenings.

Back