You know you are an airline pilot when...

You walk aimlessly around the crew lot looking for your car after a two week trip...only to find the battery is dead (again)

...when you commute in to OH to start a 4 day trip at 5 a.m. and here you sit at the computer at 1:30 a.m. not being able to sleep because you're on CA time!

After you place an order at a drivethrough, you say "Roger, second window..."

When it's normal to say to your fiance, "Hey I'm only going to be home 7 days this month, and I can't cover my half of the bills, think you can take care of that?"

-Your bag gets lighter over the course of 4 days as you eat your food.

Yes!

Also,

On day 4 just as you're getting home, your bag becomes weighed down with all the sodas and waters you steal from the airplane to take home.

. . . there's a hotel pen in every junk and desk drawer in your house (DoubleTree pens rock!) pay-dirt when there's more than one in the room!
. . . a five-star Sudoku puzzle from the USA Today is child's play
. . . you know where to find the best, least expensive food in most major airports
. . . you can say with authority, "there's a Starbucks at the end of the C concourse"
. . . you never even consider driving anywhere for a vacation
. . . last time you paid for a full-fare airline ticket was during the Clinton administration
. . . what? only 3 days off this week???
. . . you're driving across the midwest in a thunderstorm feeling helpless without a weather radar
. . . "say again?" in lieu of "excuse me?" or "what's that?"
. . . you tell people every day where baggage claim is, but have actually never been there

. . . you're driving across the midwest in a thunderstorm feeling helpless without a weather radar

Heh, I had that momentary thought in MEM the other day. Damn, this WX sucks. Wish I had radar. Wait.....I'm in a friggin CAR! <cue freight dawgs pointing and laughing at me>

. . . "say again?" in lieu of "excuse me?" or "what's that?"

Even my wife does this now.

When you're dressed for work, people ask you where the restroooms are when you're standing under the sign....

At family gatherings people bitch at you about how PanAm lost their luggage. You were 15 when PanAm went out of business...

Your paycheck does not correlate to your experience...

Holiday? Holi-what?

Heh, I had that momentary thought in MEM the other day. Damn, this WX sucks. Wish I had radar. Wait.....I'm in a friggin CAR! <cue freight dawgs pointing and laughing at me>

:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

As you wish.....wait...I have a radar... :crazy:

After 4 days trip, you found your car is covered with spiders' webs. :p

Walking into your own house, your kids wonders who you are. ;)

You know you are an airline pilot if:

You can fly a jet to CAT III mins but you have no idea how to operate your DVD / DVR player at home.

Your rolling luggage has more miles than your car.

Your rolling luggage appraises for more than your car.

Someone asks you where you live and you have to think about it.

Someone asks if you are married and you don't remember.

You pick up your USA Today that the hotel accidentally left in front of somebody else's room.

Your flight bag handle hasn't torn off at least two times.

You insist on getting your discount even if it only saves you 9 or 10 cents.

You are willing to pick up a penny off the floor in the middle of a crowded terminal.

Your car registration has expired at least six months ago.

Your proof of insurance in the glove box shows an expiration date of 1997.

You know every 3 horse town because there's a fix over it or a VOR there...

You've been overnighting in a vacation hotspot for a year, yet know nothing about it due to the short overnight. Conversely, you're almost considered a local in the 3 horse town that you spend 24 hours in every week....

Back