You know you are an airline pilot when...

Oh she's a riot! :) She still calls me "Salt Lake" because the captain introduced me as "Doug, he just transferred from Salt Lake" -- so I occasionally hear "Salt Lake! Salt Lake!" when I'm in the terminal.

The gate agent wants to replace the gate check tag on your bag and you refuse, you've become rather fond of 'ol 819305.

On the way home, you use the car wash to gain back ten mpg.

You've been to SHV fifty times, but only in the terminal twice.

The loo on the plane is easier to use than mucking about in the terminal.

You're a long haul cargo guy when:
You don't recognize your car in the lot, then realize last month you took the bus.

Oh she's a riot! :) She still calls me "Salt Lake" because the captain introduced me as "Doug, he just transferred from Salt Lake" -- so I occasionally hear "Salt Lake! Salt Lake!" when I'm in the terminal.

There's a flight attendant that's convinced I look like Harry Potter, so every once in a while I get an FA chasing me around the crew room yelling "HARRY POTTER! HARRY POTTER!"

There's a flight attendant that's convinced I look like Harry Potter, so every once in a while I get an FA chasing me around the crew room yelling "HARRY POTTER! HARRY POTTER!"

Ha!

btw...went over the bars today on the mtb, first time in a long time :) Felt bad, because I was demo'ing a couple of different bikes that weren't mine. At least it wasn't the brand new one the shop let me ride!

Dude, you look nothing like Harry Potter.

Now Kool Moe Dee, yes. Absolutely.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 413YSX2EXEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    413YSX2EXEL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 296
You know you're a FA when...
..you assume the brace position with your hands under your thighs even when you're deadheading, jumpseating and/or non-revving! :buck: ;)

You know you are an airline pilot when the guy working at Starbucks makes more money than you do.
or...

...when the idiot who pulls out your ground power without asking first, hooks up low pressure air when you need an air start, pushes back over chocked wheels and loses your passengers' bags makes more than you.

Your entire pre-departure sequence is: you walk out to the plane, carry your bags up stairs, do your preflight duties, make sure there is the right amount of catering, make a pot of coffee, BS, fill out the paper work and leave with no drag from FAs or Passengers...

....oh wait, that means you fly cargo...:bandit:

...you know the cable line up at your overnight hotels better than at home...

...all you need to wash and dry your clothes is a sink, tide packet, iron and hair dryer...

...you get excited when they change up the snack mix by adding cashews...

...you're get depressed when they take out the sesame sticks though....

...Contenintal Breakfast? Your grocery store...

...you know the cable line up at your overnight hotels better than at home...

Yes! I once had the entire start-up channel or whatever you call it memorized...

"...for you adult desires, press the yellow menu button now" :)

**You begin devloping an "after start" and "shutdown" flow in your vehicle...

**Drive into a parking spot like you are trying to roll onto the centerline of the gate

**Fly into an airport, and people ask for directions...reply, "Sorry, sir/ma'am I have never been there"

**Fly something without a TCAS, and forget how we ever did it without one.

While off work and out to dinner with the Mrs., you find yourself calculating the cost of the meal with your crew discount included...........

You've been to the Bahamas 3 times....for a grand total of one hour and 30 mins.

You get to a hotel turn on your computer and find out that the password for the internet is saved from the last time you were there

You NEVER use the full name of a city or airport---just the 3 letter code.
C'mon....admit it! :D

You've been furloughed twice in three months.

You plan your non-reving around who still has meals.

You've received more out of your previous company jumpseating on them than when you worked for 'em.

You're waving your hands under the faucet, waiting for the water to turn on, when it dawns on you that you're at home, waving won't work.

And you have to flush the toliet, too.

You jumpseat halfway around the world to have lunch with a friend, who's done the same thing.

You snooze through the PNF part of your sim recurrent and still pass, no one noticed.

When you're not doing the job, you're complaining about the job.

Despite that, as soon as the job goes away, you run around like crazy to get another one just like it. :panic:

I'm always confused when I wake up. Sometimes I wake up on an overnight and I think I'm home or I think I'm in the city I was in last night. After a trip is over I'll wake up at home thinking I'm still on my trip and running late for my show, only to look around and realize I'm at home and it's all over.

You wear the same clothes on the overnights and ya don't think twice about it...

You refuse to stack your tub after going through security because that TSA guy makes more than you do...

Back