Layover food

People sleep on Vietnamese food. It's one of my favorite.
They do? I feel like it's pretty popular everywhere in some iteration, usually mostly pho but banh mi seems like it's getting more popular too. There's so much more to it than those two things though.

I’m in the Kew with half the world’s commuting pilots and recently discovered Baker’s Dozen on Lefferts in Queens.

Bagels. So. Effing. Good.

So many great places to eat around that area. My crashpad was just outside of the Kew. One place we really liked was Punjabi Kabob.

NYC bagels are the best in this country and I am willing to die on that hill.

It seems so simple, but a plain toasted bagel with cream cheese was one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted in my life. Their sandwiches are amazing, too.

Damn, now I want a lox bagel. Surely there's got to be some old New York snowbirds around Phoenix that opened a bagel shop.

IMG_7832.jpeg

3F65C465-2BD5-4F70-9FDC-3C9F0DD5A490.jpeg

Lunch time views in ECP

Damn, now I want a lox bagel. Surely there's got to be some old New York snowbirds around Phoenix that opened a bagel shop.
Get bagels on your nyc overnight, get Kirk-Lox from Costco in Thotsdale and get you car washed while you’re at it (one of only a few costcos with a car wash), profit.

Another meal in DFW, this time at Mexican Sugar. Chile marinated pork chop and watermelon lime margaritas with serrano infused tequila. Wanna go back and try the other items on the menu as everything sounded delicious.

1000168737.jpg

1000168728.jpg

Another meal in DFW, this time at Mexican Sugar. Chile marinated pork chop and watermelon lime margaritas with serrano infused tequila. Wanna go back and try the other items on the menu as everything sounded delicious.

View attachment 76879
View attachment 76880
Where is this place? It looks too fancy for a person of my ilk but the drink looks fire and my wife would probably enjoy one sitting on a patio (which I presume they have based on the looks of it)

Where is this place? It looks too fancy for a person of my ilk but the drink looks fire and my wife would probably enjoy one sitting on a patio (which I presume they have based on the looks of it)
Mexican Sugar. There’s three in the dfw metroplex. Closest one to dfw is in Irvine.

I’m in the Kew with half the world’s commuting pilots and recently discovered Baker’s Dozen on Lefferts in Queens.

Bagels. So. Effing. Good.

So, one time I went into the Hasidic grocery store at M&L for bagels, it was so weird. Like I crossed the 1st wire in Stalag Luft III. I've seen people scream horrible insults at the owners on the street, I wanted to both support their business and get some good bagels to take back to Cali on my commute. Instead, I swear that they had to call the local rabbi to exorcise my presence from anything I may have touched. Like I shouldn't be in there.

Go eat at Danis. Extra Sauce. I'm getting hungry just thinking about those slices. People love the pesto slices... I'm like meh, I like the red sauce ones. With extra sauce on top.

I used to go to the Indian joint next to Albas. They used to give a discount with your airline ID. And the Asian joint across from the 7/11... Jade? I've walked all over the place around there also. Found a Carvel about 2ish miles up the road on Metro - that was always fun. Walk for a while, eat soft serve, walk more.

But 95% of the time I would just do the pizza at Danis.

I didn't think its that fancy to be honest. The restaurant is really nice, but its not like dress code-white tablecloth-too many forks-multi course dinner kind of thing. I think the pork chop was $28, not breaking the bank at all. People wore whatever, and i actually took those photos while we were sitting at the bar. They do have a nice patio if thats your vibe.

Back