AQP?

About hallfway through that you should "call dispatch", aka the sim instructor, and notify him that we are continuing on to SEA and have the coroner standing by because we aint doin all this :) :) :) .

Pretty sure our director of safety did that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd happily go work at the training center and try to teach my FOs how to do a go around on 16R when the altitude selector is set to 2000 we are at 3000 and we get a go around due to traffic with instructions to turn right heading 250 and maintain 4000. Because that's the biggest issue I notice on the line.

I'm not gonna cast stones in this glass house, lord knows automation has surprised me in this hoopty before, but this is a little frightening. I mean, when I don't understand what is happening, click click click and sometimes "FD's off please" solves that problem. We all once flew airplanes for real :)

I'm not gonna cast stones in this glass house, lord knows automation has surprised me in this hoopty before, but this is a little frightening. I mean, when I don't understand what is happening, click click click and sometimes "FD's off please" solves that problem. We all once flew airplanes for real :)

It’s a training issue IMO. The FOs are great. FOs know they will cause pitch issues and at 3000’ they have gobs of power. Toga flaps 15 is rote but they don’t understand why yet.

The 73 is weird how it holds the LOC no matter what until you either hit toga or turn the FDs off. I’ve flown 6 or 7 other jets and none of them did that.

So they don’t hit toga trying to be smooth but they don’t know why it’s important either. And we are locked on the LOC even though I’ve already put 250 in the heading window.

On my first go around as an FO I turned the autothrottles off instead of hitting toga because everything other airplane I had flown with a toga button it was where the auto throttle off button is on the 73.

Don’t get me started about FD “standoff”…

Maybe you can get our language. Only instructors can seat fill. If there are none it goes to line pilots but for 200% with a 4:10 (soon to be 5) hour min day.

That would be nice. I got it once. Actually wasn't too bad, since we were already hanging out in Seattle, and it was like 5 hrs of my time. But it had been a while since I'd done a bunch of the MV phase nonsense. Poor CA was transition from the Bus, and we were both former Navy guys (him C-2s). I think we blundered our way through it fairly heroically though :)

At a virtual airline in Microsoft Flight Simulator, you need to ask around on the line. No way is any of that event a "surprise."

I’ve got all kinds of gouge but I’ve found the instructors go free style this late in the year. Also I still kind of want to be surprised by something and gasp learn.

The only thing I was surprised by this year was how rushing through a checklist was part of the scenario.

On my first go around as an FO I turned the autothrottles off instead of hitting toga because everything other airplane I had flown with a toga button it was where the auto throttle off button is on the 73.

haha a good buddy of mine, who has been at delta for 6 years, but somehow has less 737 hrs than I do (he's been 73 the whole time), said he accidentally hit the toga button meaning to kill the A/T when on final. Apparently it was really entertaining what happened next.

Ah yes, something we can all agree on….how the 73 is a steampunk human factors disaster
The DC9 has entered the chat…

IMG_0089.jpeg

No can do. It's behind the FOs head. Gotta use tiny folding mirrors to see it.

That’s what I was eluding too.

Douglas engineers: “Oh •! We forgot the compass and were out of panel space. We’ll put it back here and blame it on magnetic interference.”

Back