Computer failure at FAA halts all flight operations

I’ve already gotten a tinfoil hat text tying together this news article, a bailout for Southwest, and a vaxx/librul/govt thrown in for good measure. WTF. I thought I culled my friends list Jan 7, 21 but I guess some slipped through the cracks.
This clearly has everything to do with child trafficking for movie stars and bankers.

And a nationwide groundstop as an operational BAILOUT for airline network schedules? Sweet Jeebus that’s stupid.

Nothing like having unlit high obstructions loom out of the darkness and go flying past you while orbiting or maneuvering to land someplace.

These NOTAMS mean as much to airline people, as much as NOTAMS about Cat II/III approach minima changes mean to me. :)

A sidebar to the memes, they should be categorized by operation. Such as HEMS vs. 121 as both need critical safety information, but different types of critical safety information.

A sidebar to the memes, they should be categorized by operation. Such as HEMS vs. 121 as both need critical safety information, but different types of critical safety information.

Ive wondered why airline dispatchers can’t or don’t only put pertinent to operation info in the NOTAM releases to crews, and have been told that for liability reasons, they can’t. Not sure the validity of that, or not. I mean, our dispatchers highlight/check pertinent NOTAMS that are in the whole stack anyway, but the rest of them still have to be there apparently.

Ive wondered why airline dispatchers can’t or don’t only put pertinent to operation info in the NOTAM releases to crews, and have been told that for liability reasons, they can’t. Not sure the validity of that, or not. I mean, ours highlight/check pertinent NOTAMS that are in the whole stack anyway, but the rest of them still have to be there apparently.

You gotta know what species of birds are flying in the vicinity, man!

Ive wondered why airline dispatchers can’t or don’t only put pertinent to operation info in the NOTAM releases to crews, and have been told that for liability reasons, they can’t. Not sure the validity of that, or not. I mean, our dispatchers highlight/check pertinent NOTAMS that are in the whole stack anyway, but the rest of them still have to be there apparently.
Can’t be too safe, can’t have too many pages of information

looks at paperwork and sees 4 pages of NOTAMs to change minimum that are already on the current approach plates, a page about towers and cranes, and buried in the middle is a pesky ILS GS U/S on an airport’s primary landing runway

this is fine.gif

I don't know if it's "can't" or "don't want to".

From what a tech ops guy was saying, the program that crashed deals with more than just NOTAMS, that’s just the visible part but it’s involved in lots of other things as well.

From what a tech ops guy was saying, the program that crashed deals with more than just NOTAMS, that’s just the visible part but it’s involved in lots of other things as well.

That would make sense. Im guessing was in need of a longtime system update.

Ugh ...

So are we anticipating/projecting some kind of hacking in this event, or is it simply another example of aging infrastructure failing with the passing of time, along with bridges, roadways and who knows what else?

Back