Thoughts? Pushback clearance not required, but...

What report is he going to file? I was never concerned about what was going on behind me when getting pushed back from the gate. Is that not the job of the ground crew doing the pushing?

I hate when I’m asked to make a push call in a non movement area.

“Why don’t you call for push.”

“We don’t need to. It’s a non movement area.”

*blank stare

“Why don’t you call for push as a courtesy.”

“Ground Eskimo 321 is pushing at literally the worst gate at the airport.”

“Eskimo 321 push your discretion.”

I’ve also gotten chewed out for calling on a busy frequency by ground as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone’s airline have something written in their manuals that you have to call for pushback no matter what?
Not at my place but wondering if anyone does.

I do feel that AUS needs to get it's crap together. I pushed back, after a courtesy call to ground from the north gates only to eventually find myself nose with another jet on a single lane taxiway. Terminal to my right, fence to the left so I had no options.

AUS literally couldn't care less.

Luckily, the other jet was able to get wing walkers so he could make a 180 degree turn as I got a great up-close POV with the sharklets and the APU exhaust.

After a bunch of these things, we talk to our own operations to make sure the taxi lanes are clear and there's no conflicting traffic before we give an advisory call to ground about pushing, but it might be time for ramp control.

My thoughts were that the 737 shouldn't have pushed if Virgin was in sight, AUS needs to put it's big boy pants on and the editorial comments from all parties were unprofessional. Fight it out through ASAPs because radio swordplay doesn't move the dot on the chart and doesn't resolve issues.

AUS it may have been fine 20 years ago, but that ramp has about doubled in size while traffic has much more than doubled...

IND ramp is uncontrolled as well. It can get interesting at times there.

Wow. Seriously, that’s not cool guys.

Young guys/girls, this is a super lame way to act. It’s not cool, extremely unprofessional, and you will never hear that kind of ridiculous “banter” outside North America (or maybe even just outside Texas?). I am just embarrassed.

I watched the video and wow that is peak cringe. Hearing SWA pilots make remarks like patience is a virtue has me laughing as well. I felt like I was back at XOJET for a moment with the “freedom” and “redcoat” remarks.

Nigel has a way different fuel burn and reserve metric to mind that the Guppy driver going from AUS to DAL. Sadly I see this kind of behavior a lot and it makes me super bummed.

When I saw this thread title, my first guess was AUS.

Just flew there on a trip I finished today. We were waiting to get in towards gate 5. Ground controller chewed out a British Speedbird for "blocking everyone." Speedbird responded their pages said ramp was uncontrolled. Ground came back with "a courtesy call would have been helpful!"

I dunno.

Our 10-7 page for AUS under departure has only 1 note: Ramp uncontrolled, courtesy call to advise pushing.

I hate when I’m asked to make a push call in a non movement area.

“Why don’t you call for push.”

“We don’t need to. It’s a non movement area.”

*blank stare

“Why don’t you call for push as a courtesy.”

“Ground Eskimo 321 is pushing at literally the worst gate at the airport.”

“Eskimo 321 push your discretion.”

I’ve also gotten chewed out for calling on a busy frequency by ground as well.

Don't ever change. Please.

You pushback against your CA for such a simple request?

Back