Spirit and Frontier to Merge

FAA needs to create a bridge program to better help get people from 250 to 1500. It would probably help people get to competitive times quicker to fill those seats.
There is. CFI, pt 135 vfr, pt 135 SIC programs, aerial survey, pt 91 aircraft ferrying, get a flying club membership or split ownership of a 150 or Cherokee with a friend, these are just a few ideas off the top of my head.

If Congress just allowed cabotage, we’d have all the domestic airline service we could ever want…..:) :)
Honestly I worry about that and the retirement age change. We as pilots think we hold all the cards now, but that’s never the case. The ones holding the money won’t allow it. Agree with Max we need to have a better bridge to 1500, or make some adjustments to that requirement.

There is. CFI, pt 135 vfr, pt 135 SIC programs, aerial survey, pt 91 aircraft ferrying, get a flying club membership or split ownership of a 150 or Cherokee with a friend, these are just a few ideas off the top of my head.

As someone who's tried most of those avenues, its currently not as easy as your said it. Currently working on my CFI. Lots people looking. Not enough jobs. As for the Cherokee 150 idea. I'm currently paying outa pocket for hours. It ain't cheap! I have 445 tt. Paying for 172 time and 15 hours of multi. to get my tt. up to 500/25.

Honestly I worry about that and the retirement age change. We as pilots think we hold all the cards now, but that’s never the case. The ones holding the money won’t allow it. Agree with Max we need to have a better bridge to 1500, or make some adjustments to that requirement.

I've actually been hearing A LOT about the possibility of age 68-70, more and more on the nets. From members of old on this board, that no longer post. And also on the nets. Due to stuff like what @Cherokee_Cruiser has said about big name airlines not being able to meet their hiring forecast.

I was invited to interview at F9. However, I am going to decline—they do not provide a hotel during the interview process, which is a huge red flag to me.

They also have rather onerous currency requirements (3 takeoffs and landings in the preceding 90 days) that I can’t meet as I was on medical leave immediately prior to leaving OO.

I was invited to interview at F9. However, I am going to decline—they do not provide a hotel during the interview process, which is a huge red flag to me.

They also have rather onerous currency requirements (3 takeoffs and landings in the preceding 90 days) that I can’t meet as I was on medical leave immediately prior to leaving OO.

I thought I read somewhere that they rasied starting pay. And also got rid of the no hotel, at least during training. Didn't know that they didn't provide a hotel during the interview process.

Wasn’t Mesa using foreign help? At least it sounded like South African accents or such in many of the Air Shuttle callsigns I’d hear…

As someone who's tried most of those avenues, its currently not as easy as your said it. Currently working on my CFI. Lots people looking. Not enough jobs. As for the Cherokee 150 idea. I'm currently paying outa pocket for hours. It ain't cheap! I have 445 tt. Paying for 172 time and 15 hours of multi. to get my tt. up to 500/25.

I've actually been hearing A LOT about the possibility of age 68-70, more and more on the nets. From members of old on this board, that no longer post. And also on the nets. Due to stuff like what @Cherokee_Cruiser has said about big name airlines not being able to meet their hiring forecast.
Believe me I know it’s not easy, I was there not long ago. I know it seems like a monumental task, but keep chipping away at it and you’ll get there.

I can’t think of any airline that provides a hotel for the interview

Back