Spirit and Frontier to Merge

it’s hard to get excited about a ULCC, even if you work there. Particularly if you’re going to put yourself in a situation where you will be commuting. All this is understandable. Like, personally.

It’s easier to get a job when you have a job. Unless you’re willing to put your career on ice until “the one” comes along, i would posit that you’re better off getting on at frontier and continuing to apply at legacies from there, rather than apply from the sidelines. If that legacy never calls, and you end up getting stuck at frontier, I would guess that your bank account and 401k will look significantly more happy than if you get stuck skating roller derby.

This observation was unsolicited and is worth what you paid for it.

I don’t know about y’all, but I just flew a greenslip that paid 50x the hotel dollar value I paid for the two nights I was in ATL interviewing. I think the ROI on that is fantastic and it’s asinine to turn down a major job over the hotel room for an interview.
Many many captains I flew with at Eagle scoffed at and even scolded me for PAYING MONEY to go to job fairs.

Like your green slips, my ROI is on the moon right now.

Many many captains I flew with at Eagle scoffed at and even scolded me for PAYING MONEY to go to job fairs.

Like your green slips, my ROI is on the moon right now.

similarly, I got almost laughed at for going to [redacted]. Yeah, it isn’t perfect. I flew a 3 day over Christmas that paid 5 figures. Made more in December than I made in my best year at Eagle.

Whateva.

commuting does suck, though.

Back on subject of the merger. Spirit is hiring.

C200B2B7-860E-4F73-AE52-B7C795EDED7E.jpeg

Frontier is apparently getting Australian pilots!

There is a special Visa for Australian citizens to work in the US, so it’s easy and less expensive. Plus, a lot lost their jobs.

Back