Spirit and Frontier to Merge

Ok memes to alleviate stress?

09F17D18-AFB4-4C81-AFE5-9C9840D4B1C0.jpeg

Say what you want about the passengers but I don’t think I’ve ever run across a grumpy spirit or frountier pilot. Certainly nothing compared to American or delta.
Correct....they surely "ain't" Sixty, YET and probably only have seen ONE merger in their lives...sometimes one gets grumpier as one gets older.....come back here in about 15 yrs or less and tell us then...IF Spirit or Frontier aren't being bought out by someone else.....LOLOLOL

Correct....they surely "ain't" Sixty, YET and probably only have seen ONE merger in their lives...sometimes one gets grumpier as one gets older.....come back here in about 15 yrs or less and tell us then...IF Spirit or Frontier aren't being bought out by someone else.....LOLOLOL
If I’m still talking to planes in 15 years grumpy pilots will be the least of my worries

F9 had a "town hall" meeting yesterday, here are some highlights:

-No real merger news (nothing more that you can't find on the inter webs)
-PHX is still planned for later this year
-Upgrades have stopped till April (hopeful) because of Attrition
-to help attrition, company will pay for hotels for new hires during indoc...no official start date.
-BL claimed we are losing ~16 a month (almost all FO's under 2 years)
-the class of 10 was due to adminstrative issues, still plan on 40/ class
-sick calls are becoming a thing...require a Dr.'s note if on a holiday or weekend, someone asked if our sick calls were commensurate with other airlines and they dodged the question. (this alone is a super awesome moral booster)

again nothing juicy on the merger or anything super pertinent...

-to help attrition, company will pay for hotels for new hires during indoc...no official start date.
-sick calls are becoming a thing...require a Dr.'s note if on a holiday or weekend, someone asked if our sick calls were commensurate with other airlines and they dodged the question. (this alone is a super awesome moral booster)

F9: “We have an attrition problem! Junior people keep leaving!’

Also F9: “We’re going to treat you like children and make you turn in proof that you’re sick, peasants!”

Gee, I can’t imagine why attrition is an issue.

Just curious, what does your contract say about that? Do they foot the bill for the Dr. visit? How about transportation?

Just to use a very hypothetical example that I was once told when someone was relating to me apocryphal stories - in a situation much like this, said pilots called ambulances to transport themselves to the urgent care to get their Kindergarden note. I'm sure that never actually happened, of course.

I never got that policy, there's a ton of things that can make you unfit to fly and a legitimate sick call but don't warrant going to a doctor.

Right. Went a little overboard at the all you can eat Indian buffet and have the squirts? You going to go to urgent care on the road and tell them you pooped your pants earlier in the day? I bet all the Junior F/Os who are quitting are going to be scared in to staying now.

Also, the F9er sick policy is “California sick,” which is memorialized in the contract, full stop. Sick time can be used to provide care for family members. No ambiguous language. The only thing expressly prohibited is using sick to cover scheduled medical appointments.

they tried this junk back in 2018 right before a TA was reached, maybe we’re about to get a big fat raise again

/s to the last part

they tried this junk back in 2018 right before a TA was reached, maybe we’re about to get a big fat raise again

/s to the last part
There's definitely rumblings of that. And opening negotiations early. Not holding my breath at this point.

There's definitely rumblings of that. And opening negotiations early. Not holding my breath at this point.

I mean, they kind of have to if “the deal” gets through the DOJ. I suppose nothing stops them from negotiating independent of that. Let’s see if they come to play ball or come to play games.

Back