The long awaited change to NOTAMs is finally happening

This is why I liked it so much in The Expanse when they call any superior “sir” irregardless of their gender.

That's actually one of my pet peeves in any military film.

I mean, Marines are pretty stupid but most of us can tell the difference between a sir and a ma'am.

I did a :43 minute flight from ATL to CLT. The NOTAMs stretched from the entry door to row 21.

That’s not the NOTAMs fault, that’s your dispatch fault for not providing NOTAMs pertinent to your operation.

Meh, none of you will care in another month.

Remember when “Line Up and Wait” was the end of the world? :)

I mean the acronym will literally still be “NOTAM” so it’s not like it’s that big of a deal. How many times has anyone actually heard “Hey Chuck,can you pull up the Notices to Airmen for KXNA”. The real discussion should be on the pronunciation… “No-Tuhms” or “No Tams”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I mean the acronym will literally still be “NOTAM” so it’s not like it’s that big of a deal. How many times has anyone actually heard “Hey Chuck,can you pull up the Notices to Airmen for KXNA”. The real discussion should be on the pronunciation… “No-Tuhms” or “No Tams”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only time I could think of hearing it would be over an ATIS

UNLIT TOWER 4.2 NM FROM RWY THLD AT 300 AGL

“Oh that one is important…”

That one is important for Jerry and his alternate minimums.

In all seriousness, I think that would be most applicable to rotorcraft. That would be the only change I'd like to see, filter by type of operation. If I'm out in a J3 cub, no reason that I need to know the outer marker is unmonitored, but in a transport category jet, we don't need to know that the entire SFO terminal is showered in cranes. At SFO in particular, if you're on the 28s and somehow get that far off course - cranes are the least of your problems.

Back