Laps around the US ( $35-55 / hour time building )

How many hours did you end up accumulating? I own a ‘64 Mooney and might attempt this. It trues out at about 137. Can you PM the tail number of the AA1 you used so I can see the routing?
No matter what I’ll have to get a better Bluetooth interface as the long drone gets quite boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The routing was wherever we felt liked going on that day, wherever the weather wasn't, and whatever point of interest we were trying to see that day. That's the whole point of GA, takeoff and go explore :) my pictures show some of my routes.

Speed is your enemy timebuilding, end up flying from one weather system into the next but you'll be able to do more fun mountain flying in your setup than I was able to do with my Beech.

Have fun!

Might be starting this back up again.

I got my hours and made it to the majors but would be trying to help other people get their flight time.

Is anyone interested in getting large blocks of hours and are ready to go? (50-100+ hour blocks flying 8-10 hours a day).

It has been a while since I've done general aviation so still figuring out costs but I'd try to do it for the same rate I was doing years ago at $65 wet with two time builders in the plane based at any airport you want as long as its flying.

Beechcraft Musketeer that is IFR (fixed gear, fixed prop, 799lb useful load and very roomy cabin that can 6ft+ pilots)

Last edited:
Beechcraft Musketeer that is IFR (fixed gear, fixed prop, 799lb useful load and very roomy cabin that can 6ft+ pilots)

Bought a Musketeer a few months ago, they fly great. The useful load is a bit less with all the ballast you need to put in the back seat though :)

I'm also considering renting the plane out dry where I drop it off your home airport and then pick it up once you're done getting your hours on your own schedule if people are interested in that.

Doing annual on the plane in 2 weeks so it will be ready to go!

I'm also considering renting the plane out dry where I drop it off your home airport and then pick it up once you're done getting your hours on your own schedule if people are interested in that.

Doing annual on the plane in 2 weeks so it will be ready to go!

Are you adding the pilots as named insured when you're doing this?

Are you adding the pilots as named insured when you're doing this?

I'll add them if the open pilot policy on the Insurance doesn't include them (usually it is 10 hours in make and model). Either way it'll be insured. It is pretty easy as long as it is under 4 people assigned to any plane, after that they charge you commercial rates.

Last edited:
I'll add them if the open pilot policy on the Insurance doesn't include them (usually it is 10 hours in make and model). Either way it'll be insured. It is pretty easy as long as it is under 4 people assigned to any plane, after that they charge you commercial rates.

What is the dry rate? I may be interested in building a few hundred ours. Located in Sacramento California

Plane is currently in Milwaukee now.

Just flew up from Dallas with full fuel, 3 people, and luggage at 7,500ft and 105kts. Slow but comfortable 8 hour trip with fuel and food stops.

modified.jpg
20210901_191037.jpg

Back