Laps around the US ( $35-55 / hour time building )

Black Sheep

I have access to an IFR Grumman AA-1B that I will be flying laps around the US to build my hours for ATP. I am doing this regardless if anyone joins me or not but would hate to see an empty seat go to waste. We would be splitting hood and safety pilot time. I have a few flight plans sketched up but am still finalizing them; they include island hopping in Key West and the Bahamas, grass and dirt strips throughout the South, flying to airshows, and possibly to Alaska.

Will be flying 80-200 hours a month. (Just for reference: TX to Key West and back is 25 hours, TX to Key West to Cali and back is 50 hours, and a lap around the whole US is 80 hours.)

About the plane: annual will be done in the next two weeks, 185 hours SMOH, 140 hours SPOH, new seats, new windows and canopy glass, paint in good shape, cruises around 110 knots, can fly with the canopy open, sporty handling, 2 seater about the same width as a C172 (41 inches, two 190lb pilots can fit without bumping shoulders).

The below wet rates are for each of us:
$55 / hour: 25 or 50 hour block
$50 / hour: 100 hour block
$35 / hour: 500 hour block or more

If anyone is interested let me know the following:
  1. How many hours you need
  2. Where you are located
  3. When you are free

Send me a PM for more information,
Thanks!

I have access to an IFR Grumman AA-1B that I will be flying laps around the US to build my hours for ATP. I am doing this regardless if anyone joins me or not but would hate to see an empty seat go to waste. We would be splitting hood and safety pilot time. I have a few flight plans sketched up but am still finalizing them; they include island hopping in Key West and the Bahamas, grass and dirt strips throughout the South, flying to airshows, and possibly to Alaska.

Will be flying 80-200 hours a month. (Just for reference: TX to Key West and back is 25 hours, TX to Key West to Cali and back is 50 hours, and a lap around the whole US is 80 hours.)

About the plane: annual will be done in the next two weeks, 185 hours SMOH, 140 hours SPOH, new seats, new windows and canopy glass, paint in good shape, cruises around 110 knots, can fly with the canopy open, sporty handling, 2 seater about the same width as a C172 (41 inches, two 190lb pilots can fit without bumping shoulders).

2. Where you are located
  3. When you are free
I am Interested...need a lot of hours....Location Honolulu
Thanks!

2. Where you are located
  3. When you are free

Thanks!

If I still needed to time build I'd be all over this, I wish I knew what I know now back when I first started out. During that time building phase I should of traveled more, I did a trip to Philly this past year and I loved it.

Seriously if there's anyone on this forum that needs to time build you really should contact "Black Sheep". You won't regret it.

Thanks "bri-guy", I appreciate the kind words.

I'll be updating this thread over the next couple months with photos of the trip and things that I've learned so should be good!

As of now I will be flying from Boston to Florida at the beginning of April and then over to Texas.

Texas / Key West might be interesting. How many days are you figuring?

Texas to Key West and back would be a week trip most likely if you take it at an easy pace. 5 days of 5 hour flights with 2 days for enjoying the journey.

Or it could be a weekend trip of 3 days, flying 8 hours each day.

Annual is complete, will be leaving Boston next time there is a break in the weather and will be heading down the coast to Florida and then over to Texas.

If anyone new contacts me then these will be the rates.

Thanks "bri-guy", I appreciate the kind words.

I'll be updating this thread over the next couple months with photos of the trip and things that I've learned so should be good!

As of now I will be flying from Boston to Florida at the beginning of April and then over to Texas.

Hey Black sheep will you be here for Sun N Fun? If you are PM me and I'll try to meet up with you to say hi :)

I'm trying to make it down for Sun N Fun but these storms that keep hitting the East Coast is making it difficult. I flew around New England today and it was pretty gusty but I had a good time. First flight after the annual and IFR upgrades. Had a 140kt cruise with the winds.

I may try to catch a commercial flight down to Florida though and rent a car to make the air show if I can find a rental cheap enough! I'll let you know though if I do make it!

Met up with some bush planes a little while back.
IMG_9968_zpsqk1yfee5.png

IMG_9345_zpscroruauz.jpg

IMG_9346_zpslfoaoist.jpg

IMG_9348_zpswchfdcsx.jpg

Sun N Fun!
IMG_9946_zpswf5vog24.jpg

Space Shuttle landing site
IMG_9965_zpsjkotgap0.jpg

Ready for the next adventure
IMG_9816_zpsn3uofym6.jpg

Left Boston at 11:50pm on Friday, arrived in Melbourne, FL at 11:57pm on Saturday. ~15 hours flying in one day. Pictures aren't the best but the trip was a blast. Learned a lot!

IMG_0246_zpsodv3zsrj.jpg

IMG_0258_zpsy9litcep.jpg

IMG_0263_zpsenc9fsji.jpg

IMG_0274_zpsurptwqxi.jpg

IMG_0283_zpsm6hf8kbv.jpg

IMG_0269_zps8n6jfvgl.jpg

IMG_0316_zpsysks2kps.jpg

IMG_0246_zpsodv3zsrj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back