Laps around the US ( $35-55 / hour time building )

Hey Black Sheep, if you’re still doing this, I’m looking to build around 150 hours sometime around the end of May and in June. Thanks in advance; it would be nice to avoid the headache of buying and selling a time building plane!

Hey cardinal I’m sending you a PM

Hey there! Are you still doing this? I like to get 100-150 hours. Send me a PM with more informations

Hey Black Sheep, I forgot to mention, I am at KFKL and would like to fly 150 to 500 hours. Availability (variable).

Hi everyone!

Apologies for the delay in replying, the plane is good to go but my schedule doesn't allow me to offer time building at the moment but I am taking a list of people who reach out to me and will contact them when I get solid dates lined up. Happy flying till then!

If you have any questions till then feel free to message me!

I have access to an IFR Grumman AA-1B that I will be flying laps around the US to build my hours for ATP. I am doing this regardless if anyone joins me or not but would hate to see an empty seat go to waste. We would be splitting hood and safety pilot time. I have a few flight plans sketched up but am still finalizing them; they include island hopping in Key West and the Bahamas, grass and dirt strips throughout the South, flying to airshows, and possibly to Alaska.

Will be flying 80-200 hours a month. (Just for reference: TX to Key West and back is 25 hours, TX to Key West to Cali and back is 50 hours, and a lap around the whole US is 80 hours.)

About the plane: annual will be done in the next two weeks, 185 hours SMOH, 140 hours SPOH, new seats, new windows and canopy glass, paint in good shape, cruises around 110 knots, can fly with the canopy open, sporty handling, 2 seater about the same width as a C172 (41 inches, two 190lb pilots can fit without bumping shoulders).

The below wet rates are for each of us:
$55 / hour: 25 or 50 hour block
$50 / hour: 100 hour block
$35 / hour: 500 hour block or more

If anyone is interested let me know the following:
  1. How many hours you need
  2. Where you are located
  3. When you are free

Send me a PM for more information,
Thanks!

I am not sure if you are still advertising, but I'd love to hit you up.
1) Many hours needed (500+)
2) Martin State, CFI, Middle River Aviation, north of Baltimore
3) Depends, but mostly July- August (kids not in school)

I have destinations (family, too) I would love to hit, and this summer may be a good time to do so.

Sincerely

William

I have destinations (family, too) I would love to hit, and this summer may be a good time to do so.

Sincerely

William

You might consider a local flying club in addition to this. There are several at GAI...don't know what your proximity to that is but it could work out for you.

Sincerely

William

Hello sir!

I'll send you a PM later today with my number and I'll answer your questions.

Happy New Year!!

At the moment I do not have any openings but I will let you know if that changes.

Happy flying in the meantime!

Black Sheep. Great idea and trip. I'm about to do the same with an aircraft I've been restoring. Just curious of the numbers you racked up. How many hours, pilots, places, cost etc.

Black Sheep. Great idea and trip. I'm about to do the same with an aircraft I've been restoring. Just curious of the numbers you racked up. How many hours, pilots, places, cost etc.

I was flying pretty much every day of the month (28 days a month?) till I got all the hours I needed. Lots of interested people, handful actually showed up but either way I flew. Met some cool people and got loads of interesting stories and experiences out of it that got me through my interview at the majors.

I think 42 states was my number? Be nice if you could beat it!

I got a buddy with several aircraft who may be taking over what I started so if anyone is looking feel free to reach out and I can try setting something up.

How many hours did you end up accumulating? I own a ‘64 Mooney and might attempt this. It trues out at about 137. Can you PM the tail number of the AA1 you used so I can see the routing?
No matter what I’ll have to get a better Bluetooth interface as the long drone gets quite boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back