SJI Displacements Cancelled

Ha! I called them and Westwind for info about their multi programs. Westwind wants $8k. Aeroguard wants $10k. Leopard only wants about $5 or 6$k. Depending on what program you choose and how fast you're picking stuff up.
Not for flight training for a CFI job. If they aren't hiring right now, that's fine. Be ready for when they do. Multi engine should take a week...also why is that a priority right now? You should be studying for your CFI.... When is that check ride?

Ha! I called them and Westwind for info about their multi programs. Westwind wants $8k. Aeroguard wants $10k. Leopard only wants about $5 or 6$k. Depending on what program you choose and how fast you're picking stuff up.
Go see Tom Brady (real name) in Cadillac, MI. $2700 and 2 days later you have your multi. The $3300+ you are saving will cover your air fare and lodging, and leave plenty left over.

Latest sim instructor/LCA rumor is they are planning to try and hire (and train) 1500 in 2022. Those sims are going to be running 24/7.
They did openly state the hiring team would be together by Fall of this year. So wouldn't surprise me.

Go see Tom Brady (real name) in Cadillac, MI. $2700 and 2 days later you have your multi. The $3300+ you are saving will cover your air fare and lodging, and leave plenty left over.
I did my MEL with him back in 07 when he was still based at TVC. Great guy and great course for the price. One of these days I’d like to go back get my ASES with him.

I did my MEL with him back in 07 when he was still based at TVC. Great guy and great course for the price. One of these days I’d like to go back get my ASES with him.

I did both at the same time. He very good at what he does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for flight training for a CFI job. If they aren't hiring right now, that's fine. Be ready for when they do. Multi engine should take a week...also why is that a priority right now? You should be studying for your CFI.... When is that check ride?

I cracked the books a bit for CFI last year after coming back from SLC, but my plans are for survey/pipeline to build my hours to 1500. They recently started hiring again slowly, cautiously. Probably with regionals calling people back who got booted from training. The first part of the survey season starts in Oct/Nov time-frame. A multi rating is highly preferred to be competitive. I want to be ready to go when the first season starts. Or when their secondary season starts again in the spring.

I'll be honest. My heart isn't really in being a CFI. Never really has been. Its a great way to earn hours. But I also think that you need to have a passion for it. Which I don't. So I teeter between doing for hours and possibly being a bad CFI that hates life. Or saying, "its gonna be a no for me dawg." We'll see what happens, necessity and availability of jobs will force the decision for me.

That was the plan. Was. We'll see. It was between them or flyvetter in Montana. But... I got COVID in January, fortunately I was asymptomatic. I started my current job in November, so I had no PTO. So they gave me negative PTO in the amount of 80 hrs. I doubt that between now and before Oct/Nov time frame I will have paid back the 80 hrs. Even if I do I'd be at a zero balance as opposed to a negative balance.

Yep, COVID f-k'd me again. For the second time.

Risky to quit my current job with no promise of an aviation job waiting in the wings upon completion of the new rating. So to cut anyone off at the pass who says. "So that's why you get your CFI." Aeroguard wants you at the airport for 8 hrs. whether you're flying or not. When you're not flying you're studying alone, or in group sessions. You can't have a job, if unable to commit spending 5 days a week at the airport for 6-8 hrs. they drop you. They want no distractions and you to be fully immersed into their CFI program. I guess that they want you to be hungry, homeless and have a 300 FICO score and living out of your car. While you train to be a CFI. Nope. Its very unrealistic.

Back