SJI Displacements Cancelled

AE out today, welcome back everyone! The follow up bid will be interesting to see what they are thinking for next summer. Probably gonna be yuuuge.
I was a early 17 hire that got left seat last year that subsequently got cancelled. I wonder if I will able to hold it again haha.

AE out today, welcome back everyone! The follow up bid will be interesting to see what they are thinking for next summer. Probably gonna be yuuuge.
Me bidding SLC with 99.4% seniority.....

CA04056E-CA53-431F-95D2-9D6054AFBF7E.jpeg

I was a early 17 hire that got left seat last year that subsequently got cancelled. I wonder if I will able to hold it again haha.
More drive than I had hope you get back to it, spent 9 years in the left seat at the Mormon Air Force no rush to get back there again. Hoping for junior 330B as I've gotten way to used to #bunklife.

More drive than I had hope you get back to it, spent 9 years in the left seat at the Mormon Air Force no rush to get back there again. Hoping for junior 330B as I've gotten way to used to #bunklife.

And you guys are getting downstairs bunks on those things too I think. Way better than the behind the galley deal, even if you've got to walk all the way back to use it.

And you guys are getting downstairs bunks on those things too I think. Way better than the behind the galley deal, even if you've got to walk all the way back to use it.
That'd certainly make it nice, a handful of the 767s had them and I'd sleep so well down there every time.

On SkyHub yesterday they said 7-800 A openings on the next AE. So sounds like you should.

Think people tend to forget SJI was understaffed in 2019 and 2020 (before this hit). Getting by on massive amounts of green slips... As we just did during the holidays of 2020 as well. With 2k gone on top of that and another 500 to go by summer 2022, without hiring a pilot we are a 20% smaller airline anyways. We are passing out green slips still. So I think when people consider we "need" a recovery to some sort of pre-pandemic level to save all the pilot jobs, that's not the case for all airlines. In fact if there even was a rebound remotely close to that we surely wouldn't be staffed for it this year and probably won't next year. Nor have the fleet for it either. I'll take our networking and planning judgment over an airline forum opinion 100/100 times.

But we've beaten this dead horse for nearly a year, with the news of airlines hiring and pilots coming back I think everyone is happy and we should just focus on the positives.

Yeah some people don’t seem to get that... Also 2020 Pre COVID Delta was looking to hire 1,500 pilots. So if Delta DID return to Pre COVID levels you’ve already lost 2,500 pilots and didn’t hire those 1,500 pilots you needed pre COVID so now you’re 4,000 pilots short.... That’s years of hiring. Once things get back to even 80% of normal Delta won’t be able to hire fast enough. Other airlines will be in a similar boat. People who have hesitated on continuing flight training during this time I tell them now is the time. They want to be ready because Pre COVID levels of hiring will be back, and much quicker than people realize. The retirements and hault to hiring we’ve seen right now will only accelerate the vacuum...

My friend says there's a certain apparatus getting rebooted and they're already way behind the power curve for Fall 2021 and especially summer 2022

Did your friend say when his apparatus was going to start making girls and boys across the aviation world excited to travel to ATL again?

Yeah some people don’t seem to get that... Also 2020 Pre COVID Delta was looking to hire 1,500 pilots. So if Delta DID return to Pre COVID levels you’ve already lost 2,500 pilots and didn’t hire those 1,500 pilots you needed pre COVID so now you’re 4,000 pilots short.... That’s years of hiring. Once things get back to even 80% of normal Delta won’t be able to hire fast enough. Other airlines will be in a similar boat. People who have hesitated on continuing flight training during this time I tell them now is the time. They want to be ready because Pre COVID levels of hiring will be back, and much quicker than people realize. The retirements and hault to hiring we’ve seen right now will only accelerate the vacuum...

One can only hope.

Regionals are already beginning to hire. You have the ULCCs hiring. I heard the other day United started doing job interviews again. NOW is the time to be building hours for the regionals. The hiring wave is coming back....

Took my first flight since last May yesterday. Going to start time building and also get my multi. To be able to get to the next stage and get that all important low-time building job. That's the plan at least.

Back