Around the ramp at the home field, MZJ

I did many a "lost weekend" at SAW right after it took over from MQT, at the wonderful Red Fox Inn. I think the place next door was called the Club Americana, or something like that. $.25 drafts with all the snowmobilers was aways a great time.
The old Red Fox, lost weekends with bad karaoke, cheap beer and bad cake doughnuts.

Each time one of your jets landed, as well as other airline‘s jets that were coming in, they’d turn off at the end of the runway (only about 6800’ long), and the ground guys would ask over the CTAF their fuel onboard, oil quantity onboard, and to advise when the doors were safe and the tug could hook up to move them across the field into the dirt.. Sad to hear.
Damn... and here I thought is was "every time a jet lands, a kitten dies." ;)

Word from the Bosses is we're at 67 to MZJ. By month end it'll be pushing 100.

@MikeD your pictures are unsettling. I hate how much I love seeing that airpark.

And they're practically handing us time off. Got a car issue? Call the leadership, take VTO. Walk the dog? Call leadership, take VTO. Can't make rent? **** you, pay m-- no wait that's Goodfellas.

Word from the Bosses is we're at 67 to MZJ. By month end it'll be pushing 100.

@MikeD your pictures are unsettling. I hate how much I love seeing that airpark.

And they're practically handing us time off. Got a car issue? Call the leadership, take VTO. Walk the dog? Call leadership, take VTO. Can't make rent? **** you, pay m-- no wait that's Goodfellas.

Ill snap more pics. If only to document history. If some of these planes here could talk, hearing about their lives would be fascinating,

which ones? Cargo jets? That’s where some of the last TWA L-1011s were and where one of America West’s 747s was scrapped

I picked up N746DH DHL 727-200. Flew it straight OSC for paint and finish some checks and AD's before she went back into service for more freight haulin.

100_1929.JPG
100_1932.JPG
100_1934.JPG
746DH - 726CK.jpg
100_1916.JPG
100_1919.JPG
100_1927.JPG

DHL had a good number of 727s stored there at IGM I remember, both -100 and -200 models, were they all flown out, or were some scrapped?

JetBlue 6221. service to MZJ every half hour. From my infield grass seat.

View attachment 52394

Any chance you still see N473MC still sitting around? Blank white 747. Curious because the company site shows it’s at a different airport but I can’t find it leaving on any of the flight tracking sites. That was the first 747 I flew, so curious if it’s coming back.

Any chance you still see N473MC still sitting around? Blank white 747. Curious because the company site shows it’s at a different airport but I can’t find it leaving on any of the flight tracking sites. That was the first 747 I flew, so curious if it’s coming back.

It’s on the west side of the field in west row next to a normal-scheme Atlas 747. There’s a number of Atlas jets here, both in the normal scheme and a few others that are completely blank white (am assuming the blank ones are all Atlas?), as well as some Southern Air jets here.

Right now, Delta has the most, the recent arrivals all being widebodies. Air Canada has a number of Max 737s here. JetBlue is taking what room is left, and the myriad of jets that have lived here for years in storage are slowly being parted out and scrapped. Longest tenants so far are a group of Chalks Airlines Grumman Mallards and Albatrosses, as well as a TWA 747-100, a few ANA 747-200s, and some Northwest Cargo 747-200s

It’s on the west side of the field in west row next to a normal-scheme Atlas 747. There’s a number of Atlas jets here, both in the normal scheme and a few others that are completely blank white (am assuming the blank ones are all Atlas?), as well as some Southern Air jets here.

Right now, Delta has the most, the recent arrivals all being widebodies. Air Canada has a number of Max 737s here. JetBlue is taking what room is left, and the myriad of jets that have lived here for years in storage are slowly being parted out and scrapped. Longest tenants so far are a group of Chalks Airlines Grumman Mallards and Albatrosses, as well as a TWA 747-100, a few ANA 747-200s, and some Northwest Cargo 747-200s

Thanks. We had 4 BCF freighters there, two have been pulled out. I’m sure there are a lot of other planes that are permanently retired, but those two are the only ones that might get parole.

Back