Uniforms

And that's completely fine. However, my ooperator has multiple approved uniform vendors, and so the 'company look' already varies tremendously. Throw into that the fact that pretty much anything outside of "shirt, tie/crossover, pants, belt" is an ooptional uniform item, and we look like pirates anyway. So if we're going to choose our look, I'll look as professional as I can manage.

If you wore a bra, you'd probably appreciate some of the other deficiencies of the M&H shirts...

Believe me, if it were up to me, I'd prefer that the airline look was company-issued flight suits. I grew up wearing those*, and they're perfect for this 'pilot' job...

-Fox

* - I grew up very poor in an AF town, so military surplus was a thing.
Nude bra/Cami helps I think, but I'm beginning to think that's just a characteristic of white shirts.... Or maybe I'm the only one who can see it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Can’t believe this hasn’t come up once. @ATN_Pilot for one has to be #tiggered

KR502JacketEdits_FINAL_CollarUp.jpg

M&H has flex waist pants... thats where I got mine from.... maybe air carriers choose different lines of clothing??
Of all the options the mothership (or its union) went with "lets make everyone wear legacy US Airways uniform in grey. Let'smake it out of tarp for good measure too".
Yes, presumably there are different lines. Whatever we got cost the company 1.5x what the TH did, and I'd personally wouldn't pay 0.15x for it

Heh, cancelled late night flight out of SYR, myself and CA agree to run over to the corner store to pick up some microwaveable mistakes in the box for late dinner. We meet in the lobby three minutes later, uniform pants and almost identical north face fleeces on top. Laughed about it.

Nude bra/Cami helps I think, but I'm beginning to think that's just a characteristic of white shirts.... Or maybe I'm the only one who can see it.

It's more fitment issues, in my case. Manual requires white or nude—I go with nude. But A Cut Above has a much better cut across my upper body, while still tapering decently in the waist...

-Fox

It's more fitment issues, in my case. Manual requires white or nude—I go with nude. But A Cut Above has a much better cut across my upper body, while still tapering decently in the waist...

-Fox
Yeah the M&H shirt was a horrible blend of feeling like wearing a garbage bag and somehow being too short to stay tucked in.

Yeah the M&H shirt was a horrible blend of feeling like wearing a garbage bag and somehow being too short to stay tucked in.

I've got a long torso, but van Heusen shirts have the same problem for me.

I've had the best luck with pilot house shirts.

I've got a long torso, but van Heusen shirts have the same problem for me.

I've had the best luck with pilot house shirts.
I need new shirts, so maybe I will give pilot house a try. I noticed that the length though is an inch shorter than Van Heusen tall shirts. But you have good luck with pilot house staying tucked in?

elvis-presley.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and say "no thanks". Nothing personal, but I don't prefer the "Flying Elvis" look on a uniform.

I have a "racer"-style leather jacket I had bespoke (Yes, @MikeFavinger) in Mumbai with a banded collar, but nah.

What on FSM’s green earth is that hideous monstrosity? Did the corndogs actually find a way to make their “uniforms” even more unprofessional and trashy?
Noticed them last fall in the BWI terminal. Apparently Southwest has adopted some kind of seam-taped, soft-shell jacket with epaulets as the new winter uniform coat. It was Perrone and Patagonia as far as the eye could see ...

I need new shirts, so maybe I will give pilot house a try. I noticed that the length though is an inch shorter than Van Heusen tall shirts. But you have good luck with pilot house staying tucked in?

I use the normal Van Heusen because the talls are TOO baggy. I found the regular pilot house fit me pretty well l, but I can't use them anymore unfortunately.

Public Service Announcement - promo code CD18 on Ecco website gives 30% off. Ordered me some shiny Johannesburg boots for 150-something shipped 2nd day vs 170+ to 200+ elsewhere and that elsewhere not carrying my size. Wearing their shoes for work exclusively too for a few years now.

cowboy boots
I've seen a fair share of those at mainline 'Mercan and we have some guys wearing them at the WO, so I guess it is an option.
Haven't had a pair since my wranglers gave up their spirit in late 90s/early 00s.

Back