Boring sorta buys Embraer

(insert Trump "SAD!" meme here)

Boeing will surely find a way to wreck every bit of innovation Embraer has brought to the market. Hopefully they can keep the their business jet programs isolated and continue to evolve that.

But, good news, in 50 years all you guys flying the EMB-170 and -190 can still fly the same thing, only lengthened 20 times, with the exact same overhead panel setup and outdated avionics, on the same type rating. The BEMB-1737.

Likewise probably expect Airbii to restrict the C-Series growth as well. It's probably now doubtful if there will ever be a CS500. Because it would probably take sales away from their bread and butter A320 series family.

Well, Boring’s bread and butter is defense and it appears commercial aviation is an afterthought filled with indifference.

“Let’s put a gold kit on the 737, call it the SuperMax and wiggle it in front of SWA’s cage”

(insert Trump "SAD!" meme here)

Boeing will surely find a way to wreck every bit of innovation Embraer has brought to the market. Hopefully they can keep the their business jet programs isolated and continue to evolve that.

But, good news, in 50 years all you guys flying the EMB-170 and -190 can still fly the same thing, only lengthened 20 times, with the exact same overhead panel setup and outdated avionics, on the same type rating. The BEMB-1737.
I’m 110% ok with that as long as pilots are still in the cockpit. I can’t understand when people gripe about flying old airplanes.

Honestly, I am so very ok with that...

-Fox

I’m 110% ok with that as long as pilots are still in the cockpit. I can’t understand when people gripe about flying old airplanes.
Ask anyone who’s had a legitimate emergency in a newer 737 how easy it was to troubleshoot when the only indication you really have is a light that says “hey, you should look at _____ panel and...uh...figure it out”. Because we surely wouldn’t wanna bring things out of the 70s and offend almighty southwest.

Versus, well, any other modern airliner/business jet/single engine turboprop that has an array of messages and systems automation to help the pilots and reduce workload, especially in abnormal situations. The only comparison would be the MD-80, and you notice they’re being dumped as fast as possible.

For the Airbus nerdfest, it’s always about that silly tray table. I just don’t get it. Nobody grew up dreaming of fondling a side dildo while a kale salad sat on a tray table in front of them.
I know you're insightful and all, but damn you're a serious hater.

It's not that we love Airbus, it's just that we're lazy.

I'm an Airbus fanboi. Totally. If I were king, I'd park the 320's (reopen the line) and buy more 319s and 321s, 330's, 340s, 350s, maybe even some 380s to bombard KDAL with and pee on SWA's lawn.

Back