Land after learning about reg violation?

Which reg is that?
I'll admit that a quick search doesn't reveal a reg number, and my company doesn't have extra FA seats, so it's not covered in our FOM.

So I may have misspoken on that point.

On the planes I fly, I would definitely continue, I would not put an FA in the cockpit (away from their duty station), file an ASAP, and forget it.

After thinking about it further, a logic process is that if a passenger could sit on an FA jumpseat, the company would be selling it. And my wife could ride it as a non-rev.

So it must be prohibited, but I can't prove it at the moment.

Im not 100% committed to that because you have weigh now what is in all the passengers best interests on landing, not just one passenger. But in moderate turbulence where everyone needs to be seated I would do it, for example over the Atlantic or Pacific. I'm guided by what's in the interests of everyone's safety drawing on available resources. I ask myself if someone could be hurt or killed. It's a hypothetical situation but it could happen. I would put a pax in an extra flight attendant seat though to open a seat for a child. Passengers do and have sat in FA jump seats when a seat breaks.

If you are over the Atlantic or Pacific, put them in the crew rest seat.

Yea but you also finished your egg McMuffin while an engine was on fire or something. CFA makes a far more superior and biggoted breakfast sandwich. Tier1, Breakfast Judgment 11.

This is true! All trimmed up. Checklists complete, getting vectored for a long downwind in Chicago and there it was, haunting my hungry belly.

I finished by Egg McMuffin.

You're damned right I did.

Unapologetically.

If someone asks you the question during an interview and your answer is five pages of "but why not divert?" they're going to reach across the table and throttle your neck like a salt mill.

Mmm! Murder!
That is to say nothing about what your present employer would do.

<Please God, don't let him work for my airline.>

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm.gif

Back