Life at Compass

PIC still makes the final decision. What is the safer choice?

This situation sucks all around and I have no business monday morning quarterbacking a decision made in the heat of the moment with SOC input. My whole point was that when this was mentioned about a month ago, everyone scoffed that this was even an option, and I just wanted to say that clearly it was seeing as this was directed to happen via ACARS.

Last edited:
AA will not handle us in las

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And to think JS laughed at me in the LAX CPO for mentioning that ONT didn't have any AA company information a year ago...

"Well did DL answer the radio?", he said...

In LAS...apparently not...

If the company doesn't support the pilots (which is very likely), the union better be sending their angry pitbulls to fight management...if compass and aa can't get their crap together, the pilots shouldn't be put in this kind of position. I would've sat there with the door closed, clock ticking while the company came up with a safer solution..

It's very easy to Monday morning quarterback. However, this was a pretty drastic decision by the crew. I'm curious if they could have taxied over to the FBO and had Stairs there? If JS did indeed tell pilots to blow slides during indoc or CA upgrade (joking or not) I hope the axe drops on his head. As an authority figure, you can't drop suggestions like that and expect it to never actually happen.

Back