Dispatcher Job Prospects?

Haaaaa Haaaa!!! Joke's on you!!! All the airports our airplanes fly to begin with "K"! Except for that one in the Caribbean but that one's never on my desk.

Haaaaa Haaaa!!! Joke's on you!!! All the airports our airplanes fly to begin with "K"! Except for that one in the Caribbean but that one's never on my desk.

I like the echolocation Chipotle addition in your member status there.

Looking at those UHHH notams, makes me really happy with Air Support's PPS8 flight planning system

They tell you how long those notams have been posted and advise which notams are new today. Once you read through that mess the first time, and understand the ones that pertain to you, all you need to look for is the new notams since you were last at work.

This forum is invaluable! It makes all the difference between simply wanting to become a dispatcher because you the aviation field has always excited you and actually picturing yourself as a dispatcher: the feelings, the concerns, the hopes, the frustrations, the hardships, the aspirations, AND the fun of it all.

Looking at those UHHH notams, makes me really happy with Air Support's PPS8 flight planning system

They tell you how long those notams have been posted and advise which notams are new today. Once you read through that mess the first time, and understand the ones that pertain to you, all you need to look for is the new notams since you were last at work.

This. No sense in re-reading NOTAMS that you've already read. As long as they aren't restrictive of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This forum is invaluable! It makes all the difference between simply wanting to become a dispatcher because you the aviation field has always excited you and actually picturing yourself as a dispatcher: the feelings, the concerns, the hopes, the frustrations, the hardships, the aspirations, AND the fun of it all.

Just need a couple more monitors and you can almost picture it...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
What's it like in times like these when a major storm is affecting a huge area of the country?

It's kind of like when you're going to dinner with your date and you both think you're going to do it when you get home but you both had too much to eat and end up falling asleep and farting through the night.

A.k.a. Sleeping on the couch

Everyone has told me the future is bright for dispatch so I've officially enrolled in a class this spring. Thank you to those that provided advice regarding financial means to accomplish this goal. I'm hoping to pass the ADX beforehand using gliem books.

Reactions: Kev
Back