Problem JetCareers is being hacked

All DNS should be Google or OpenDNS.

The idea that a rogue DNS server in Karachi can shut down the internet is preposterous.

root server politics are rather amazing. I don't know if you know how far that rabbit hole goes, but it gets really messy.

-Fox

Also, for a period of time the answer was a ridiculous round robin, with the proper site bracketed by two of the amsterdam IPs, so it's expected that behavior may be intermittent.

-Fox

Ohh, just had a thought! Maybe this is another "Derg Social Experiment"TM to see who the hard core JCers are and who is just not willing to deal with this.

:stir:

Nonsense. You work your ass off so we have a place to gather. We owe you a lifetime of rounds.

More shots!

Stop.

I blush easily.

Seriously, one small mistake with DNS has cost about a week of heartache for (some) of you guys and I humbly apologize.

I figured after that recent advertising thread that @Derg decided to fund JetCareers for a lifetime by temporarily turning his users into one HUGE pilot botnet!

Glad I found this thread. I starting having the redirects to ww9.forums.jetcareers.com only when using safari on an iPad/iPhone using the cellular LTE data. Once I switch to wifi I can access jet careers normally.

The annoying thing is it redirects and opens the App Store and wants me to install all these wierd apps so I was wondering what sorts of malware are getting installed on the iOS device.

The same time the site went "down" I might have accidentally clicked on the redirected site. the next day I had 200 spam emails. the redirected site was obviously spyware. Could this have happened? Really have no idea what the hell happened

The timing was impeccable though.

Any ideas?

Glad I found this thread. I starting having the redirects to ww9.forums.jetcareers.com only when using safari on an iPad/iPhone using the cellular LTE data. Once I switch to wifi I can access jet careers normally.

The annoying thing is it redirects and opens the App Store and wants me to install all these wierd apps so I was wondering what sorts of malware are getting installed on the iOS device.
None unless you actually allow it. :p

It's still malicious, but it likely doesn't have teeth.

The same time the site went "down" I might have accidentally clicked on the redirected site. the next day I had 200 spam emails. the redirected site was obviously spyware. Could this have happened? Really have no idea what the hell happened

The timing was impeccable though.

Any ideas?

Depending on your platform and browser, it's not wholly impossible. If you're running, say, IE on Windows, it becomes more likely than if you were running lynx on FreeBSD.

Any software/malware installation generally necessitates user authorization, however, unless your browser is excessively old. (Or you use IE)

-Fox

None unless you actually allow it. :p

It's still malicious, but it likely doesn't have teeth.

Depending on your platform and browser, it's not wholly impossible. If you're running, say, IE on Windows, it becomes more likely than if you were running lynx on FreeBSD.

Any software/malware installation generally necessitates user authorization, however, unless your browser is excessively old. (Or you use IE)

-Fox

I use chrome on Windows 10.

Back