Envoy TA Voting: The Better Part of Valor

It's funny because that's happened at every single airline I've worked for. It's the same complaints time after time again. The only thing that changes is the name of the company on your badge. I think to me, that's what's really getting old.

-"I had better schedules at X!"
-"X company has Y, and we have Z! Unbelievable!"
-"This company is a bottomfeeder unless we get Y."
-"You're how old? Oh, you'd be a fool not to go to X right away."
etc.

At every single company, the grass is always greener. Heck, go on APC and check out the FedEx threads. Those guys are just as angry as anyone else, even though they're some of the highest-paid pilots in the industry. It just never stops unless we as individuals recognize it, and decide to break the cycle.

Oddly enough, the only ones I've seen truly break the cycle and choose happiness are at Cape Air. The top 1/3rd of that seniority list will never leave. They've decided that their piston twin job on the Cape is all they need, and the rest of their energy should go to friends, family, and their personal interests outside aviation. While we're all constantly fighting over how crappy our contracts are compared to Brand Y, or how to move up the ladder in record time, I think they're ones who've figured it out. :)

P.S.: If I have to hear one more person complain about our SYD layover on the beach, I'm gonna go "checklists only" for 10 hours. And then nobody's gonna have fun. :)

Amen brother.

I'm tired of people telling me I should go to a legacy. I'm the happiest I've ever been. Theeeen I get called a blue juicer...

We all have room for improvement, but damn, it's a pretty great job overall here at Blue.

Amen brother.

I'm tired of people telling me I should go to a legacy. I'm the happiest I've ever been. Theeeen I get called a blue juicer...

We all have room for improvement, but damn, it's a pretty great job overall here at Blue.
I wouldn't leave jetBlue except for Delta. They have a great product, customers actually like flying them, and the majority of employees aren't jaded and as such treat customers well. I got an invite to interview there while in indoc at Airways and honestly it was a difficult choice staying put. I think you'll have an awesome career there, personally.

I wouldn't leave jetBlue except for Delta. They have a great product, customers actually like flying them, and the majority of employees aren't jaded and as such treat customers well. I got an invite to interview there while in indoc at Airways and honestly it was a difficult choice staying put. I think you'll have an awesome career there, personally.
All this positivity is gonna make me wretch. You sicken me Wheels.

It's like you have a $100 bill in your pocket. You could jump over the fence and get $150, but you don't know if there's a big-ass bull looking at you in there. Bird in the hand, and all that.

It's like you have a $100 bill in your pocket. You could jump over the fence and get $150, but you don't know if there's a big-ass bull looking at you in there. Bird in the hand, and all that.
And that's just the thing. I get nervous when guys start talking about fast upgrades, record profits, and "indefinite hiring." The best news always comes out right before the selloff. :)

There are a few on this website who swear up and down that making lateral moves all over the Regional industry is a smart move. It baffles me, really. Nowhere else in real life or on the internet have I seen people actually encourage lateral moves at this level.

I understand that for some of you on jetcareers it worked out. Or has worked out so far but long term is still to be determined. Regardless, it is not as easy as some of you make it out to be. To tell some one with 5 years seniority to just quit and go to the Regional de jure is nuts. I'm sorry to be so blunt but I can't think of any other way to describe it.

In any case, with this new contract Envoy pilots will have no reason to leave to any other airline other than an LCC or Legacy. What I would like to see is people like Charlie put their money where their mouth is and QUIT if this TA passes, don't take the $7,500 bonus but QUIT the day this passes and go make that lateral move.

Betcha he doesn't. That is all people like him are: Talk. And unfortunately for the rest of us...he talks a lot.

Oh, and Jared: LMAO @ the MMORPG comment. I never heard of MMMTO either.

I don't think you understand what I really wrote about here. I'm not taking a lateral move. After 7+ years at regional airline I'm not starting over at some other carrier at square 1.

What I wrote about was about people voting for what they really believed what was good for the pilot group. I hear people say they want it to pass just so they can take the money and run and exacerbate staffing problems at Envoy. I hear people say they want the TA to fail because it'll crater Envoy and that'll be good for them- after they vote for that so they can make a lateral move and reap the benefits.

I never left Eagle because I never really wanted to. Dallas is home, and I hate commuting. I still don't have the résumé bullets for the majors based here, and I ran the numbers on the local LLC- if I upgrade anytime soon, I'd make more at Envoy, then slide up to AA.. So why leave?

Unless a genuinely better opportunity comes my way, I'm not leaving. Probably not for a while either way.

And at this point, we're all screwed anyways. We fought the man. We lost. All we have left is how much we give up for it and how much we damage the future of the profession in the process.

As for the rest of this thread, I mostly just posted here for the bandwidth. Kinda bummed I read the comments at all. My ideas may not be popular but the rancor and hate I see reminds me why I left.

Bankruptcy's rough and it's a roller coaster.

There are some that showed empathy and those that reveled in every "Delta's goin' DOWWWWN… yay!"

It is what it is.

Back