Street259 ALEXANDER ST
CityROCHESTERStateNEW YORK
CountyMONROEZip Code14607-2514
CountryUNITED STATES
Airworthiness
Engine ManufacturerP&W CANADAClassificationStandard
Engine ModelPT6A66DCategoryNormal
A/W Date03/06/2014

not looking good anyone hear anything on live act?

Nope.. saw something in CNN about frosted over windows:

"
Two F-15s were flying with the plane east of Florida. The windows, according to a NORAD spokesman, were frosted and it was unknown how much fuel was left.

"

Nope.. saw something in CNN about frosted over windows:

"
Two F-15s were flying with the plane east of Florida. The windows, according to a NORAD spokesman, were frosted and it was unknown how much fuel was left.

"

I've wondered about the frosted windows thing. I don't have a lot of experience in the flight levels, but I flew a PA46 for a while, and on some days, we'd be running the defogger to keep the inside frost to a minimum just because it was humid in the plane (left from south Alabama) and it was cold up there. How do you tell between that kind of frost and the rapid decompression frost?

Years ago these guys would have just disappeared and nobody would have any idea where to look for the wreckage or even have a clue what the cause might have been.

At what point do you think Cuban officials get involved?
Now. Plane is in Cuban airspace and a mig is trailing it. If it starts going down over a populated area they will shoot it down first, which is the right thing to do IMO.

Its all over CNN. Don't think they ever spoke about the Cirrus that went down not long ago. This one was heading towards Cuba so CNN can have people fantasize about some secret Cuban meeting thing at first. Unfortunate situation. Its been a bad 30 days or so with all these GA incidents. Is it just a popular time for lots of GA to be up there? Or media just reporting more, including us on here reporting more.

crazy the techno these days we can sit at home now at watch this happen. Sad day for the families involved.

1550 NM range on the 850 according to Wiki.

It's about 1050 miles from ROC to MIA in a straight line....so if they had full tanks when they left, that thing might cruise for quite a while longer.

Now. Plane is in Cuban airspace and a mig is trailing it. If it starts going down over a populated area they will shoot it down first, which is the right thing to do IMO.

Its all over CNN. Don't think they ever spoke about the Cirrus that went down not long ago. This one was heading towards Cuba so CNN can have people fantasize about some secret Cuban meeting thing at first. Unfortunate situation. Its been a bad 30 days or so with all these GA incidents. Is it just a popular time for lots of GA to be up there? Or media just reporting more, including us on here reporting more.

Outside of Havana and a few other cities, Cuba isn't very populace... Especially the flight path that they are flying. I flew over Cuba near that path quite a bit.

Outside of Havana and a few other cities, Cuba isn't very populace... Especially the flight path that they are flying. I flew over Cuba near that path quite a bit.

"You will not return fire if fired upon. Do you read?"

Always a slim chance the pilot could wake up from the hypoxia....and the hypothermia....for hours.....

Back