So, how bad is your carrier melting down...

Geez, all this because I reported what my DH experienced! I would think that would be more interesting than the fact that I called him DH!

He's going to have enough ego deflation tomorrow if Cruise shows up to work; I won't alert DH to this thread (he's asleep).

Good night all! :)

Total cluster(you know what) at BlueJuice factory. No FAs, no pilots. Stuck in Barbados. Hopefully DH tomorrow afternoon to JFK. Left for work last Wednesday for a 3 day.

JFK is sounding lovely this morning...Airport closed for ice on runways and RJ has departed the taxiway.....

CNN Breaking News ✔ @cnnbrk
Follow

JFK airport closed for morning after regional jet went off runway. http://cnn.it/1dmZy2m

Someone get them some kitty litter. It will get them out....

jfkplane.jpg

Hazmat suits for shoveling snow? New mayor, new regs in NYC? Maybe it's the pointy spades (that's garden for design of shovels).
Can't pick up as much snow per lift. Perhaps it's a collective bargaining thing? Main line = flat shovels, regional = garden spades?

jfkplane-jpg.26415

At least with respect to the Brasilia operation, it's not. Nothing out of the ordinary, including when SFO goes down harder than a Clinton intern due to fog.

Everything here on the good side of the country is fine.
I rolled over in Medford yesterday morning, checked the flow board, saw that the plane was going to be late (the inbound wound up ferrying from SJC-MFR), saw that our morning departure TO SFO hadn't left at about 0900, showered, and went to breakfast.

Today should be no different.

JFK is sounding lovely this morning...Airport closed for ice on runways and RJ has departed the taxiway.....

CNN Breaking News ✔ @cnnbrk
Follow

JFK airport closed for morning after regional jet went off runway. http://cnn.it/1dmZy2m
I wonder how LGA is? My dear husband and Cruise have a day back and forth. Leg two arrived early, but I don't know if they departed yet, and then they return to spend the evening. He figured there would be lots of delays...

Never mind; they departed only 10 minutes late, which is onetime for LGA! I hope these two legs are stress free so they can relax when they are done for the day!

Last edited:
And the fun continues, the bird we are waiting for landed an hour ago in DEN. Still not to the gate. Some more quality time at the Holiday Inn Express I guess ;)

I confidently predict some awesome eye-rolling on Twitter, et al

"STUCK ON THE RUNWAY (sic) FOR 45 MINUTES, GOING TO MISS MY CONNECTION! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!"

If it were me, I'd DEMAND an explanation from the Captain. And with any luck I'd get tazed and sent to Gitmo. Screw the Taliban, they just want us to leave them alone. It's the people who think the entire universe revolves around their immediate needs and desires who should be sent to a heavily-guarded island and not permitted to leave. Freaking sociopaths.

Back