So, how bad is your carrier melting down...

Yes, yes you did. I, on the other hand, have a front row seat to the debacle here in JFK.

I hear there's pretty much a triage going on.

Luckily, in my category, we've got fat staffing. I wonder should I tell scheduling that I'm still 757/767 current and watch the union flip it's lid! :)

They got so much going on with 117, I'd doubt they'd even notice.

I know. Have you even had a chance to make heads or tails of that thing? I'm actually tired and sleepy trying to figure that out, additionally with the "sign the release, agree to extend!" is going to cause a couple of "Roscoe Moments" methinks.

There were some unionoids trying to explain it yesterday in the lounge. From what I got, there are several areas of disagreement about interpretations of what's what. Especially the fail:negative aspect of the two hour extension.

There were some unionoids trying to explain it yesterday in the lounge. From what I got, there are several areas of disagreement about interpretations of what's what. Especially the fail:negative aspect of the two hour extension.

Was Shinnick standing around telling Hazelton to get out of the seat that he was "given" but couldn't win an election for? :)

I sent him an email that said, "I didn't elect you so you really had no right to take part in the Roberts Coup so I voted for your competition. Enjoy the return to the line".

This is the staffing crunch we all predicted from the FOQ regs coming online last summer and the rest rules layering on top of them.

This shouldn't surprise anyone- neither that it's happening, or that airline management types are burying their heads in the sand that they don't need a new way of doing things to keep the airlines staffed. Give 'em time to wait it out.

In the meantime, well, as a senior lineholding FO, I just don't feel the need to pick up anything extra these days. Might be good for me- catch up on some sleep, maybe.

This is the staffing crunch we all predicted from the FOQ regs coming online last summer and the rest rules layering on top of them.

This shouldn't surprise anyone- neither that it's happening, or that airline management types are burying their heads in the sand that they don't need a new way of doing things to keep the airlines staffed. Give 'em time to wait it out.

In the meantime, well, as a senior lineholding FO, I just don't feel the need to pick up anything extra these days. Might be good for me- catch up on some sleep, maybe.

Probably more of a large multi-regional mega storm, but I appreciate the angst.

Probably more of a large multi-regional mega storm, but I appreciate the angst.

*shrugs* You may be right. But without the regionals to fly folks in from Podunk, USA, who's gonna buy seats out of DFW, or EWR, or SFO? Surely not every mainline segment seat gets filled with a city slicker?

The resulting gap will change the way the business model works. Give it time.

I asked DH tonight when he called. All of his flights have been on time and he hasn't heard of time out issues. But ACY flies unless the weather is on top like Hurricane Sandy. LGA, BOS don 't always! So he will do some research. Of course they did hire a lot of crew this past year in anticipation. But we won't know for sure till time passes.

I asked DH tonight when he called. All of his flights have been on time and he hasn't heard of time out issues. But ACY flies unless the weather is on top like Hurricane Sandy. LGA, BOS don 't always! So he will do some research. Of course they did hire a lot of crew this past year in anticipation. But we won't know for sure till time passes.

DH, has a name... right?

Just checkin'

:)

Back