So, how bad is your carrier melting down...

Canceled 11 legs so far. Looks like my actual block is 7 hours for this four day. We've pretty much canceled more than half of our flying between today and tomorrow. Thank goodness for being pay protected.

The holiday's are over, and it's still a mess. I was on hold cor 15 minutes to get released, and gave up. I knew i wouldn't get through, because there are pictures of guys phones who have been on hold for 4+ hours. I got a memo from company that ican now just "self release" after checking my schedule when I get back. The new rest rules, plus short staffing are. Ausing complete havoc, it's totally awesome.
Wow! Who do you work for? If you don't mind answering....

Ours just goes to an answering machine after 5 rings.

"Umm... so I finished my flying. I'm going home. Bye."

What answering machine?

I've honestly sat there with it ringing for 45 minutes, been on hold for over an hour.

Heck, I've tried to call my dispatcher and had the system hang up on me and when I tried the generic number, it rang for 15 minutes. And then they wanted to know why I was late out of the gate...

Well my dear husband and Cruise had a four leg day with three at LGA. He said there were a slew of DAL mainline jets parked to the side. But they ended the day on time, so he was happy. And tomorrow, while I freeze, he and Cruise get to go to SJU. I must have been very bad in my past life!

Previous gig was like that. The good news was that they were too cheap to pay for hold music so they just patched in one of the local Top 40 radio stations. At least it wasn't the same 3 songs over and over ag... oh wait... it was.

Seems we actually paid for hold music. Same repeated instrumental crap every day, every week, every month. Oh, and it has the generic "You're call is very important to us, please remain on the line." that is repeated every minute or so.

At least my previous gig had better hold music...

Seems we actually paid for hold music. Same repeated instrumental crap every day, every week, every month. Oh, and it has the generic "You're call is very important to us, please remain on the line." that is repeated every minute or so.

If my call was important, you'd pick. up. the. DAMNED PHONE!

If my call was important, you'd pick. up. the. DAMNED PHONE!

Once, a very long time ago, I was supposed to finish my trip by flying one leg to Philly, deadheading to Nashville and then flying to Charlotte. I was commuting from San Fran at that point in time and would miss the last flight home by the time I got to Charlotte. We took a delay on the way in to Philly and I ended up missing the deadhead to BNA. I waiting on hold with Scheduling for about 25 minutes before I got tired of that and just went over to the next SFO flight leaving Philly and non reved home. Never heard word about it.

Not an airline employee, but we just got our 3rd itinerary cnx'd this evening.....been trying to get home to VA since sat AM, then we were supposed to get out today, and now tomorrow's flight is cancelled as well......best they could do was a red-eye tuesday night. This is bananas. I don't travel commercially that often, but this is by far the biggest delay I've dealt with.

Ours is "All agents are currently busy helping other customers...please hold for the next available agent."

Customers? :p

Not an airline employee, but we just got our 3rd itinerary cnx'd this evening.....been trying to get home to VA since sat AM, then we were supposed to get out today, and now tomorrow's flight is cancelled as well......best they could do was a red-eye tuesday night. This is bananas. I don't travel commercially that often, but this is by far the biggest delay I've dealt with.
Who are you flying on?

Who are you flying on?

United. I guess maybe it sucks when your hub gets blowed up by a nuclear winter bomb. Unfortunately, each time one of our flights gets cancelled, we have to re-book which then puts us at the end of the line in terms of booking a seat. Their auto booking sucks really hard.....the message tonight when tomorrow AM's flight got cnx'd was like "you have been rebooked for wednesday (red eye)"......awesome United.......since we all can just miss a week of work and be on your schedule. Oh well...at least we aren't stuck half way across the country in a hotel somewhere.

United. I guess maybe it sucks when your hub gets blowed up by a nuclear winter bomb. Unfortunately, each time one of our flights gets cancelled, we have to re-book which then puts us at the end of the line in terms of booking a seat. Their auto booking sucks really hard.....the message tonight when tomorrow AM's flight got cnx'd was like "you have been rebooked for wednesday (red eye)"......awesome United.......since we all can just miss a week of work and be on your schedule. Oh well...at least we aren't stuck half way across the country in a hotel somewhere.
Where in VA are you heading too? Look to see if you can be rerouted through Denver or Houston if possible.

Where in VA are you heading too? Look to see if you can be rerouted through Denver or Houston if possible.

Yeah we definitely tried that. Unfortunately all those flights were already full due to other quicker smart people. So we are stuck in this SFO-PHL-ORF or SFO-Dulles-ORF purgatory that keeps not working out. I had high hopes for today PDX-ORD-ORF but they cnxd the Chicago flight yesterday afternoon

Yeah we definitely tried that. Unfortunately all those flights were already full due to other quicker smart people. So we are stuck in this SFO-PHL-ORF or SFO-Dulles-ORF purgatory that keeps not working out. I had high hopes for today PDX-ORD-ORF but they cnxd the Chicago flight yesterday afternoon
Hmm...Have you looked at anything getting you out of Fresno, Bakersfield or LA?

Hmm...Have you looked at anything getting you out of Fresno, Bakersfield or LA?

I'm in Oregon unfortunately.......so SFO is the big connection out of Eugene getting us anywhere via United....that or Denver, which seems to be sold out. I did look at just buying tickets with other carriers out of PDX, and most didn't even have seats before Tues, and the ones that did were in like 4 hrs from now for $1300 so I guess it isn't worth that to me. I did think about seeing if 1st class upgrade could open some seats, but I can only imagine what kind of expense that would entail with this sort of turnaround. Whatever though, it is what it is. Work has been cool about it

Last edited:
Back