School house, side-sticks and normal law

Dumb question; just because it has always been the way where DH has worked. When a new domicile was awarded, vacation bids had to be redone. Can you now guarantee that you will be off for Oct 25? I don't know when any of this is effective and have no experience with an 11,000 pilot behemoth and how long it akes for things to change; DH's airlines were both super smaller. Just asking! Derg

Derg tried to get me kicked off the JS today on a DL flight being flown by FNWA guys with DPA tags on their bags...he text me and says "Wanna see their heads spin, tell them your Southie buddy is going to the A330". I think they knew I was more of the Southern type and didn't really talk all that much to me enroute. Oh well, got reading done :)

I fly out of MKG....

....stop by and enjoy some old Mooney 20F time!
We might be up there the first weekend of August for some family fun!

Other than that, I am actually looking for a job in Michigan...I figure if Derg is switching bases, I might as well take a look since housing prices are decent and I don't (yet) have work in PHX. I'm looking at something Gov't...much more stable than the past few years and living in base might be kinda fun as we've not had the opportunity to try that yet. :)

Dumb question; just because it has always been the way where DH has worked. When a new domicile was awarded, vacation bids had to be redone. Can you now guarantee that you will be off for Oct 25? I don't know when any of this is effective and have no experience with an 11,000 pilot behemoth and how long it akes for things to change; DH's airlines were both super smaller. Just asking! Derg

There's an option to keep your awarded vacation and lose "pay protection" if they're not able to convert you in a certain amount of time.

You can liquidate the vacation and get "pay protection" if they don't convert you to the category in the same "certain" amount of time.

Other than that, I am actually looking for a job in Michigan...I figure if Derg is switching bases, I might as well take a look since housing prices are decent and I don't (yet) have work in PHX. I'm looking at something Gov't...much more stable than the past few years and living in base might be kinda fun as we've not had the opportunity to try that yet. :)

I'll be around. Jen will be in Alabama the very first weekend in August, but if you're in the area or need anything, stop by. Housing prices are a lot better than our former Orange County place :)

Neighbor down a few house is a DL A320 guy, but switching to the B737.

I'll be around. Jen will be in Alabama the very first weekend in August, but if you're in the area or need anything, stop by. Housing prices are a lot better than our former Orange County place :)

Neighbor down a few house is a DL A320 guy, but switching to the B737.

Congrats on the move, Derg!

It's been said, but always remember to Activate and Confirm. Otherwise, you're going to get a French lesson...and not the good kind. Also remember, "Multiple failures of redundant systems." That answers just about any question you might get from a check airman.

There's an option to keep your awarded vacation and lose "pay protection" if they're not able to convert you in a certain amount of time.

You can liquidate the vacation and get "pay protection" if they don't convert you to the category in the same "certain" amount of time.
I guess that means you don't know yet, or in lawyer speak, "It depends."!!! :)

Crazy real estate market right now. I have an offer in on a house I found before it was even listed and it won't even make it to being officially listed before it's sold to someone, tomorrow. I found it over the weekend, and tomorrow when someone is the high bidder it will be for above list price. Granted that's downtown Ann Arbor but still, very few places for the demand the last few months!

Crazy real estate market right now. I have an offer in on a house I found before it was even listed and it won't even make it to being officially listed before it's sold to someone, tomorrow. I found it over the weekend, and tomorrow when someone is the high bidder it will be for above list price. Granted that's downtown Ann Arbor but still, very few places for the demand the last few months!
Dude, WTF?

Back