MGM Resorts, FO Gig

• Must hold a FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate with Airplane, Multiengine Land endorsement, a First Class Medical Certificate, and a FCC Radiotelephone Operator’s Permit.
  • Must have logged a minimum of 2500 hours total pilot flight time, 1500 hours of multiengine turbine time, experience in large cabin aircraft, and digital avionics.

They have a couple Gulfstreams, don't they? I think there was a NJC tour of their facility a couple years back... hopefully someone made the 'right connection' on the tour!

rd757 said:
They have a couple Gulfstreams, don't they? I think there was a NJC tour of their facility a couple years back... hopefully someone made the 'right connection' on the tour!

They also have a BBJ. 8)

Those are some nice people there on each tour we did.

That's all correct, we have 5 gulfstream(all 50 series) and the BBJ. We are hiring at least two, possibly 3 new pilots. Starting pay for the FOs is 85k a year. Heath benefits are pretty good. A lot of flying to socal and norcal.post any questions you might have.

Paying it forward

Can you give any other info like are pilots scheduled so they could possibly commute? Not sure what else should be asked. Trying to remember our last tour, I know they talked about it.

Thanks!

Schedule is 6 on 3 off, I'm not sure what they would think about someone commuting, but the schedule is firm enough where one could do so!

Good Luck, I got thanks no thanks as I didn't have ATP.
At the posted mins, I don't think I've ever seen a good paying job not require an ATP. $800-1000 bucks and a couple hours with your local DPE knocks it out. I highly recommend it if you're job hunting. Seriously. Nothing requiring 1500 turbine doesn't require an atp.

I also don't have the ATP and am in the same boat, waiting till next yr to get it for free though... I'll keep this place in mind if they pop up again! :D

Pilots leaving? Or additional aircraft? Good find Sean !

I think demand is just increasing for them so they need more people. The Vegas economy is getting better. I havent heard anything about new airplanes. njlopez2 would probably know more. Seems like he works there. Thanks, figure its the one thing I can contribute ;) Id love to see a JCer get hired.

That's all correct, we have 5 gulfstream(all 50 series) and the BBJ. We are hiring at least two, possibly 3 new pilots. Starting pay for the FOs is 85k a year. Heath benefits are pretty good. A lot of flying to socal and norcal.post any questions you might have.

Paying it forward

Hi njlopez2, I applied. I live in Phoenix now but can relocate easily. Have Gulfstream type rating, ATP, however, its in the G1, but also have 135 and glass cockpit experience and a jet type.....how does one get an interview? Thanks....Brian.

The hiring is for both reasonse, we had a guy take a job with one of the major oil companies and the flying fit better for him and his family. Additionally, we also added a brand new 550 to the fleet. The captain position is going to be very competitive, candidate might need to be typed in both airplanes(we are getting resumes with guys that are current on both). This is not to discourage anyone from applying! The FO position will be for the gulfstream. The flying is a lot of out and backs. There are some over nights, maybe and average of 2 or 3 during your 6 day rotation. It really depends on the type of flying you are doing (customer or executive). For the most part, not a lot of overnights for a gulfstream job! Good luck to all of you!

Back