Sunglasses...

Does anyone know of a company that makes general type flip up sunglasses that clip on to glasses? I have been told that I have to have them custom made to match my glasses. However, I recently bought a clip on view limiting device for IFR practice and they just clip on to my glasses and work great so I would think there is someone out there that makes these.

48ac5e889dc0c.jpg

Maui%20Jim%20Black%20Coral%20H249%2019M.jpg

These are what I want. I'm thinking about snagging a pair and if the interfere with my EFIS, I'll just take them back.

They blank out my iPad in "vertical mode" but not in landscape.

i just have to have something sporty. wrap around/unframed bottom type stuff. i wear those when i play golf too

Does anyone know of a company that makes general type flip up sunglasses that clip on to glasses? I have been told that I have to have them custom made to match my glasses. However, I recently bought a clip on view limiting device for IFR practice and they just clip on to my glasses and work great so I would think there is someone out there that makes these.

Something like this perhaps?

kadeem-hardison-as-dwayne-wayne.jpg

Those have similar thickness to my Smith's, but they interfere with a good headset seal. Dont these?
not really because i turn the ear rests to about a 30 degree angle above my ears. another reason why i like the frameless bottom lense

Ok.. Time for a new set. The Serengeti's are getting a little long in the tooth.

I guess Costa's and Maui Jim's are out of the question due to polarization, which bums me out, I want some MJ Corals...

I want amber lenses..

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have a pair of polarized MJs and haven't had any problems with G1000s, 430s, EFISs etc. The only thing I really have a problem with is my ipad, out of all things.

I have a pair of polarized MJs and haven't had any problems with G1000s, 430s, EFISs etc. The only thing I really have a problem with is my ipad, out of all things.

Sweet. I think I'm going to go get some this afternoon and try them. If they interfere with my Dynon, I'll bring them back.

Mark ...google up Solar Shield Flip Ups ...I've been wearing them for years over my trifocals ...different sizes/styles ...polarized, about $8 US at Kmart.

I have a really bad tendency to sit on, drop, step on, lose, and just generally do bad things to sunglasses. So I never spend more than $15 on a pair.

I had an expensive pair of some fancy brand about 15 years ago. They were nice, I loved them, but I set them down in ops in DBQ one day and they vanished. Of course no one there had seen them, and i never saw my expensive glasses again. I had never bought another pair of expensive glasses before, and I never will again.

Back