Well, That's one way to call it quits....

You forgot:

* Talking back to moderators
* Asking for your second username change in a month
* Thinking MikeD looks anything like Jake Busey

and

* Setting the power "oversquare"

:)

Man some people sure are stuffy. The guy went out the exit, he didn't climb a clock tower with lip stick and a rifle so I think it's a win.

This just in!

Beered-up Flight Attendant has Chute out over Unruly Passenger!

Recently bailed out FA hopes this has no beer-ing on his future career aspirations!

Commentators nation wide say just like the guy slide- he already did once, after all!

:D

Ahhhh......so here we go.

Now, remember when I said I support this guy's decision to make the terminal decision he did? And I said once that decision was made, you're not coming back. You made your statement by your choice in an extreme and terminal way, and now you're done.

Seems he wants his job back now.

Im sorry partner, but it doesn't work that way. If you wanted your job back, then you shouldn't have hone down this road in the first place.

Just my opinion.....ultimately up to JetBlue though.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/08/12/flight.attendant/index.html?hpt=T2

Now, remember when I said I support this guy's decision to make the terminal decision he did? And I said once that decision was made, you're not coming back. You made your statement by your choice in an extreme and terminal way, and now you're done.

Im sorry partner, but it doesn't work that way. If you wanted your job back, then you shouldn't have hone down this road in the first place.

:yeahthat:

As much as I've defended his "exit", (he did remove himself from the situation), I do NOT think he should be allowed to come back. With an exit like that, one's permanent departure from the company and the profession should be a given.

Hell no he shouldn't be brought back. If ever so much as spills a bloody mary mix on someone, he and the airline could be hung up by the thumbs by a litigious passenger (with more weight than the average complainer). He's forced himself into finding another direction.

:yeahthat:

As much as I've defended his "exit", (he did remove himself from the situation), I do NOT think he should be allowed to come back. With an exit like that, one's permanent departure from the company and the profession should be a given.

Yep. Thats a "power move". You don't come back after doing a "power move". It's forever.

Agree 100% on this one.

That's a complete non-issue. You go on a profanity-laced tirade, steal two beers, intentionally arm and deploy an emergency slide, and exit via the ramp -- you're more than done with the airline, you're done with the industry. JetBlue's not been any fan of the attention he's brought upon the airline, and an internal memo sent out a couple days ago made it abundantly clear that Slater wouldn't be with the company again.

Here's a video of him blowing the slide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-4OGa9GUY

He is an even bigger moron than I thought. A jetway was attached to the aircraft, yet he had to blow the slide to get off the airplane? It was more amusing picturing it happening on a taxiway, but this is just idiotic. He could have killed one of the ramp crew unloading the bags.

What was the point of the slide when you could have done a 180-degree turn and WALKED out via the jetway?

He could have killed one of the ramp crew unloading the bags.

How, freak accident? I don't think the slide would have done anthing other than knock someone down.

knee-jerk.jpg

How, freak accident? I don't think the slide would have done anthing other than knock someone down.

That's just what the media is throwing about. After all the slide comes out at 3000PSI! Which coincidentally is the same pressure used in a compressed air cannister. If an inflatable rubber safety slide can kill someone on the ground then holy design failure.

That's just what the media is throwing about. After all the slide comes out at 3000PSI! Which coincidentally is the same pressure used in a compressed air cannister. If an inflatable rubber safety slide can kill someone on the ground then holy design failure.

How much does it weigh?

Back