Screw you Delta!!!

bdhill1979

Gone West
So mad right now.

My wife and kids have been at Grandma's house in BOSTON for two months. Grandma bought tickets a few weeks ago for them to come back next week.

I looked at the confirmation email today and the tickets are from AUSTIN to SLC.

Now the morons are not going to fix it. They are even fighting on refunding the tickets.

Lousy townies can't be bothered to say "Boston, Massachusetts." :)

It happens to us all the time on those voice recognition system "No, dammit! I said 'Austin, Texas'!"

Hope it works out for ya.

Lousy townies can't be bothered to say "Boston, Massachusetts." :)

It happens to us all the time on those voice recognition system "No, dammit! I said 'Austin, Texas'!"

Hope it works out for ya.
I could see that if Grandpa bought the tickets, he's straight out of southie, but Grandma is from Southern California.

ROAD TRIP!!!! Just kidding. That's a load o' (stuff). Hope you can get it worked out. Try calling back again and being the nicest person ever to live on the planet.... I've had to readjust present attitude a few times before and sometimes it pays off dividends... Good luck:)

So mad right now.

My wife and kids have been at Grandma's house in BOSTON for two months. Grandma bought tickets a few weeks ago for them to come back next week.

I looked at the confirmation email today and the tickets are from AUSTIN to SLC.

Now the morons are not going to fix it. They are even fighting on refunding the tickets.

Perhaps the biggest issue in the airline's eyes is that a fair amount of time has elapsed from purchase to realization of error.

This is a prime example of why it's so important to carefully review every purchase....

Were the tickets bought via telephone with a res agent who had trouble speaking/understanding English? That could be a bigger bargaining chip for you. If the tickets were purchased online... the purchaser should have been more careful.

I hope it gets resolved.

The bigger question is: What have you been doing with this gift of God? (Wife and kids gone for 2 months)

Perhaps the biggest issue in the airline's eyes is that a fair amount of time has elapsed from purchase to realization of error.

This is a prime example of why it's so important to carefully review every purchase....

Were the tickets bought via telephone with a res agent who had trouble speaking/understanding English? That could be a bigger bargaining chip for you. If the tickets were purchased online... the purchaser should have been more careful.

I hope it gets resolved.
Grandma purchased over the phone, she does OWN a computer and knows how to start Skype to do video conferences with the kids, but that's about it.

The thing that is pissing me off is that she is fully willing to pay the price difference, but they are calling the tickets non-refundable.

Is this flame bait?

It smells a good deal like Tom Green's gaffe in "Road Trip"

"Oh.. she went to school in Austin.. Not Boston?"

The bigger question is: What have you been doing with this gift of God? (Wife and kids gone for 2 months)
I have worked most of it
and I got to pack up our apartment and move into a house

Though I did:
fish approximately 20 of those days
Backpacked about 50 miles
and of course indecent amounts of the three most important initials in the English language

P. B. R.

Grandma purchased over the phone, she does OWN a computer and knows how to start Skype to do video conferences with the kids, but that's about it.

The thing that is pissing me off is that she is fully willing to pay the price difference, but they are calling the tickets non-refundable.

That sucks... a good res supervisor SHOULD be willing to help out in this situation :( If a passenger has a history of such purchases & rescheduling, I could understand a firm no, but this seems like an innocent mistake that the selling res agent could have prevented by saying the FULL destination name too... saying "Austin, Texas", to help prevent confusion.

We had a HUGE problem at Eagle when we'd do flights out of ORD that would go from ORD-SPI-SGF. So we'd board the flight to "Springfield", and the plane would be going from Chicago to Springfield, Illinois, THEN on to Springfield, Missouri. Upon landing in the first Springfield, I would say OVER and OVER and OVER again that we were in Springfield, Illinois.... and it would never fail that some moron would get in the terminal and wonder why it "looked different".

Good luck!
delta should reissue, but they have some specials out of Bradley til the 14th.

Wish I could find one of them. The flights today at BDL have been jammed packed; would like to go to SAT and the best deal I've been able to find is $400 OW.

BTW, I'd only buy tickets over the phone as a last resort. Sorry though.

Are they? What fare rule booking class were they purchased under?

ie:
<TABLE width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Booking Code[/FONT]</TD><TD>[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]What is the booking class required for booking this fare? Using booking classes, the airlines control how many seats on each flight are available for each fare.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]e.g. F,P,J,C,Y,B,M,Q,V,H,L[/FONT]
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]c) the class of service required for booking[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]To understand this very important point we must introduce the concept of inventory control. In order to be profitable, the airline is not likely to allow all seats on the aircraft to be available at special fare rates, even if every passenger could meet the necessary restrictions. In other words, the airline allocates only a certain number of seats at each fare level for each flight. The number of seats allocated at each fare level depends on many factors, such as the route involved, the time of year, the usual business/leisure passenger breakdown on that route, the time of day, etc. Airlines have inventory control departments to determine how many seats are allocated at each fare on each flight. For example, in the case of the college student, if his flight of choice was already heavily booked, all of the special fares may be sold out at the time he makes a reservation, although the flight itself may still have some seats available at the full coach fare. The student would then have to choose a different flight or elect to pay the full fare (or some fare in between).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Different classes...same economy seats![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]In airline reservation computer systems, the allocation of seats at different fare categories is accomplished through the use of "class of service" codes. Do not confuse these codes with the actual class of service (e.g. First Class, Business Class, Coach). While First Class and Business Class do have their own class of service codes, many different class of service codes are used for the Coach cabin, even though all of the passengers sit in the same place. For example, the business traveler and the college student may sit next to each other in the Coach cabin, even though their reservations were made with different class of service codes.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Class Examples[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Generally speaking First Class is coded as F or P, Business Class as C or J, and Full- Fare Coach as Y. Most special fares (referred to as subclasses, since they are subclasses of the Coach class) are coded using other letters, such as M, B, H, K, Q, L, V, etc. Each airline generally has a hierarchical structure for the subclass codes - e.g. on one airline the order is generally MBHVQL, where M is usually close to a full Y fare and L is usually a deeply discounted fare. The hierarchical structure varies however from airline to airline (e.g. on another airline M may be heavily discounted).[/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica]When checking whether a particular flight is available, what you really want to know is what classes are available? If you are looking for a low fare requiring booking in Q class, then you must find a flight for which Q class is available. If Q class is sold out on that flight, then you will have to pay a higher fare to take that flight, or choose another flight.[/FONT]

Edit: Check out this site for more info http://www.travelterminal.com/fareruleintro.shtml#help

Well,

Delta just lost some business, doing a charge back on the credit card.

Reasons:

1. Delta customer service agents that don't speak English
2. Unwillingness to correct an obvious error on their part
3. After successfully arguing to have the change fee waived, the price of the Delta flight connecting through KJFK (Read that as being stuck on a god damned RJ) was going to be $400 more than a Southwest flight out of KPVD connecting through KPHX on a 737 for my wife + infant in arms, and my 2 year old in her own seat.

Back