LGA Southernjets "word on the street"

Well, that doesn't sound good.

In the words of the great philosopher, Oddball:

kellyoddball.jpg

Your ear to the ground is right on track, Dough. Add in that RAH owns a decent number of the gates in USair's terminal and you can see how this would be a pretty complex deal if it does come to fruition.

Your ear to the ground is right on track, Dough. Add in that RAH owns a decent number of the gates in USair's terminal and you can see how this would be a pretty complex deal if it does come to fruition.

USAirways wants/needs money.
USAirways has slots at LGA and 190s.
Delta wants the USAir slots and terminal at LGA.
RAH ownes the USAirways gates at that LGA.
RAH wants 190s for Midwest.
USAirways has 190s.

Circle J?

It's in the works. USair would end up moving to the MAT, so it goes.

I'm not going to place any timeline on it or even say it's definitely going to happen. With the complexities involved, one snafu and the whole thing could fall through.

The crazy thing is you'd think LGA would be one of Airways biggest and largest money making markets. Yet they continually downsize it, and put crappy express aircraft in it.

Technically speaking, JFK/EWR/LGA are all kind of seen as a single base/city.

Like SNA/ONT/LAX/BUR aaaaaaaand almost SAN.

Technically speaking, JFK/EWR/LGA are all kind of seen as a single base/city.

Like SNA/ONT/LAX/BUR aaaaaaaand almost SAN.

Erm...do your pilots and FA's REALLY have to cover all those airports? Because that's a heck of a lot of area to cover, and unlike New York, the public transport blows!

Yeah...let's send more flights into one of the crappiest, most delay prone airports in the country. That sounds fun

It's not about fun...It's about trying to get the biggest piece of pie out of the largest market in the US, the NYC metro area.

Ok, here's the deal. I found out more information when I met with the station manager in LGA today. It's pretty much official that Delta will be acquiring the US Airways terminal. The official announcement regarding the details will be made within the next two weeks. He was not allowed to comment on the details but he said a select pilot group will benefit and another group will not. That's it. I'll post more once I get the official word.

Back