LGA Southernjets "word on the street"

So I guess you're learned, during your tenure at SJI, why the "four to six weeks" forecast is hilarious, eh? :)

"100 seat replacement's being announced in four to six weeks. I heard it on the fourth floor".

"I saw the 777-300 books down in the training center, should be an announcement in four to six weeks"

"JFK's getting the asbestos cleaned out! We're all going to live! Construction starts in four to six weeks!"

So, Doug, are you saying I should stop holding my breath for the BIG BIG NEWS!!! on July 15th? Dangit!

So, Doug, are you saying I should stop holding my breath for the BIG BIG NEWS!!! on July 15th? Dangit!

Well ya know, I was down at the speedline during recurrent and there were a lot of guys with those cool lanyards with the bar chart on the material. Now, THEY were just on the fourth floor coming out of a meeting and mentioned something about a huge announcement on August 15th.... ;)

Well ya know, I was down at the speedline during recurrent and there were a lot of guys with those cool lanyards with the bar chart on the material. Now, THEY were just on the fourth floor coming out of a meeting and mentioned something about a huge announcement on August 15th.... ;)

You BIG payday on August 15th? :nana2:

Dude, you know better. If their lips were moving, they were lying......:cool:

Never trust anything that comes from a "Perfumed Prince."

USAirways wants/needs money.
USAirways has slots at LGA and 190s.
Delta wants the USAir slots and terminal at LGA.
RAH ownes the USAirways gates at that LGA.
RAH wants 190s for Midwest.
USAirways has 190s.

Circle J?

Republic completes Midwest Airlines acquisition

By Tom Daykin of the Journal Sentinel
Posted: July 31, 2009

Oak Creek-based Midwest Airlines Inc. now has a new owner: Indianapolis-based Republic Airways Holdings Inc. completed its $31 million purchase of Midwest on Friday, Republic spokesman Carlo Bertolini said.

Midwest, which began regularly scheduled passenger flights in 1984, will continue to operate under that name. But it's now a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic, which is best known for operating commuter flights for Delta Air Lines Inc., United Airlines and other major carriers.
With the sale, Midwest Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Timothy Hoeksema, who helped start the airline, retires. Republic CEO Bryan Bedford is the new boss.

There also will be a change in aircraft, with Midwest dropping its nine 99-seat Boeing 717 jets, to be replaced by nine 99-seat Embraer 190 jets. Under Republic's ownership, Midwest's fleet will include a dozen 76-seat Embraer 170 aircraft, and 12 regional jets with 37 to 50 seats.
Midwest's union pilots and flight attendants are negotiating with their union counterparts at Republic about merging the seniority lists of those flight crews. Bedford has said most of Midwest 1,618 employees, including those working at the Oak Creek headquarters, can expect to keep their jobs. But some job cuts are expected among administrative and back-office employees.

Still, Bedford says Republic plans to expand Midwest's service, which should bring job growth for the airline.

Now where could those planes be coming from....?

"Things that make you go Hmmm...."

Scott Kirby recently spoke at a crew news meeting in CLT about LGA. He basically said that the perimeter rule is killing Airways there and at DCA. In DC it's controlled by Congress and they are having some luck expanding the limits. In New York it's controlled by the port authority and they are having very little luck getting the limit removed or expanded. He said that despite the fact that New York is a money making market, and system wide Airways is making money with their mainline lift and shuttle ops, they are not making money in New York because of the perimeter rule.

His conclusion was, something has to happen. Either the rule gets changed, or Airway's NYC ops get changed.

His conclusion was, something has to happen. Either the rule gets changed, or Airway's NYC ops get changed.

With that in mind, it would be easier for Airways to sell off slots, a terminal, and bail from LGA as a hub than to try and get a rule changed with the Port Authority.

The plot thickens...

There also will be a change in aircraft, with Midwest dropping its nine 99-seat Boeing 717 jets, to be replaced by nine 99-seat Embraer 190 jets. Under Republic's ownership, Midwest's fleet will include a dozen 76-seat Embraer 170 aircraft, and 12 regional jets with 37 to 50 seats.

Well, I guess that answers the question on the pay rate.....

Well, I guess that answers the question on the pay rate.....

So I still wonder if they have "Connect" on the side. Since the deal closed, would the judge still say it wa a legal codeshare? If they had replaced all the 717s prior to closing, the union's claims would have some legs. Now, I have no frakin' idea.

So I still wonder if they have "Connect" on the side. Since the deal closed, would the judge still say it wa a legal codeshare? If they had replaced all the 717s prior to closing, the union's claims would have some legs. Now, I have no frakin' idea.

Didn't someone post a pic of the first Midwest 190? I'm pretty sure there was no "Connect" on the side.

Scott Kirby recently spoke at a crew news meeting in CLT about LGA. He basically said that the perimeter rule is killing Airways there and at DCA. In DC it's controlled by Congress and they are having some luck expanding the limits. In New York it's controlled by the port authority and they are having very little luck getting the limit removed or expanded. He said that despite the fact that New York is a money making market, and system wide Airways is making money with their mainline lift and shuttle ops, they are not making money in New York because of the perimeter rule.

His conclusion was, something has to happen. Either the rule gets changed, or Airway's NYC ops get changed.[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen and overheard, you may be on to something.

I was a little confused by his logic - I see where he was going with the perimeter rule preventing Airways from tapping into the lucrative west coast markets, but I didn't quite follow how that (perimeter rule) has anything to do with Express ops. Was he trying to say that if mainline was able to generate more revenue they could carry the express ops at LGA? Or are the two things unrelated and they are just trying to find ways to cut back on 50-seat regional jet flying that he seemed to dislike so much on the video? I'm sure operating in/out of LGA is borderline cost-prohibitive, and the express aircraft aren't generating enough to cover costs.

Express wouldn't make money at LGA, but they'd carry it to serve as feed for the flights heading outside the perimeter that do make money.

Midwest:

They came out of the paintshop Midwest. They put on a sticker. Now it says connect.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/jpetek/P1020142.jpg

US @ LGA

US bet that the perimeter limit would be lifted. The price of the bet was operating unprofitable regional routes to keep the slots. The bet isn't paying off. US doesn't need to feed flights at LGA. If they need to make connections they can go to PHL (I don't personally recommend it, but its no worse than LGA).

Back