LGA Southernjets "word on the street"

Well that sucks! I've done that drive between BUR and ONT a time or ten. It's sucks at O'dark thirty. I couldn't imagine doing it during regular day traffic!

The trip will begin and end at only one of those airports... You won't have to go in between them, and if you do... the company pays for a limo to get your back to your origination point.

e.g. If you start a trip out of LGA, the trip will end in LGA... if something happens and you end up in EWR or JFK, then they will get you transportation back to LGA.

The trip will begin and end at only one of those airports... You won't have to go in between them, and if you do... the company pays for a limo to get your back to your origination point.

e.g. If you start a trip out of LGA, the trip will end in LGA... if something happens and you end up in EWR or JFK, then they will get you transportation back to LGA.

Still sucks for reserve guys if you're sitting in say Orange County and need to get to, say, Burbank or Ontario. I know you guys have long call outs there, but man that's a long time to sit in traffic depending on the time of day.

Still sucks for reserve guys if you're sitting in say Orange County and need to get to, say, Burbank or Ontario. I know you guys have long call outs there, but man that's a long time to sit in traffic depending on the time of day.

Our only requirement is to live to make an approx 2 hr report to one of the airports.

It's rare to get called out to one of the odd ones (EWR in the NYC grouping, for example).

There aren't many rotations in the LAX sector that start out of SNA, BUR or ONT... a short call to one of those is exceedingly rare... same with EWR.

And if it happens... well that's why we're paid, haha.

This just add fuels to fire of a rumor floating around here of basing pilots in LGA in addition to the current base in JFK. I can see Comair being like PSA; with the main pilot/FA base being located seperately from the where the company is based.

Heard now that E-190's and possibly some busses may be part of the deal.

We'll see.

Rumors that have legs!
Hahaha, now that would be a serious turn of events if that were to happen!:laff: AAA tries and fails at a hostile takeover of Delta, now they're(rumored to be) selling off aircraft, gates, and slots to that now even larger entity to stay afloat.:crazy:

Hahaha, now that would be a serious turn of events if that were to happen!:laff: AAA tries and fails at a hostile takeover of Delta, now they're(rumored to be) selling off aircraft, gates, and slots to that now even larger entity to stay afloat.:crazy:

That's why Parker tried the hostile takeover. He knew that he couldn't compete against a restructured Delta, much less one that merged with a restructured NWA. Better to assimilate or dismantle your competition while they are weak, rather than go toe to toe once they are strong.

Yep.... the 190's would go to mainline and you'd probably see the 170's get folded in as well.

again... say it out loud with me. ITS A RUMOR.

Yep.... the 190's would go to mainline and you'd probably see the 170's get folded in as well.

again... say it out loud with me. ITS A RUMOR.

I still think the 190s are heading to RAH for Midwest, or maybe Frontier. He may give USAir some of the Airbi, too.

More rumors: DP's been visiting the DFW area a lot lately. Can't bring two employee groups together after a few years and lawsuits? To heck with it, split the company. Again, rumor mill is operating at 104%, here.

So DP just put the 190s out there. With the LGA plans, I guess this doug and pony show is getting started.

:pop:

USAir pays back some of the loan to RAH with the sell of these airplanes. They ditch a small fleet type that they never really wanted to operate anyways. RAH uses half for F9 and half for YX operations.

Back