SKYW closing SAN/CRQ/SMF, Opening SFO CRJ, LAX EMB Bases

mrivc211

Effective October 1. Lots of pissed pilots. That whole arguement of I'm not affected so I don't care is beginning to run out, as mgmt is finally pissing off the entire pilot group. Eventually they will make their way around the whole fire and hopefully the pilots will stand up. Wait.........nevermind.

Is it just me, or is Skywest beginning to look a lot like what UAL was?

Crew bases:

LAX,SFO,DEN,ORD???? Dang. chipping away, little by little.

Don't most regionals put their crew bases in the same locations as their mainline counterparts? XE has bases in all the CAL bases, because they do CAL feed eh?

The real ident is CRQ, skywest calls it CLD. Carlsbad either way. I used to put it as CRQ in my log book

Although it sucks when you live at home and your base closes, i think youll find that hub basing is better for the group as a whole.

Effective October 1. Lots of pissed pilots. That whole arguement of I'm not affected so I don't care is beginning to run out, as mgmt is finally pissing off the entire pilot group. Eventually they will make their way around the whole fire and hopefully the pilots will stand up. Wait.........nevermind.

Skywest is a Regional Airline, is it not? base openings and closures is almost a given. There are plenty of things a pilot group can get pissed off about. But I really dont see this as one of them. It sucks, thats for sure. But just like upgrade times, pilot domiciles are subject to change as well. especially as a contract feeder.

Skywest is a Regional Airline, is it not? base openings and closures is almost a given. There are plenty of things a pilot group can get pissed off about. But I really dont see this as one of them. It sucks, thats for sure. But just like upgrade times, pilot domiciles are subject to change as well. especially as a contract feeder.

Well put! It could be worse you could be furloughing.

Maybe when they lose 25% of their flying and flip-flop their bases from west coast, to midwest, to east coast within a 3 year period you'll get some sympathy.

The real ident is CRQ, skywest calls it CLD. Carlsbad either way. I used to put it as CRQ in my log book
It's that way because there is another CRQ which is Caracas Venezuela, so they use CLD so no one ends up in Venezuela or vice versa. Your correct in how you put it in your logbook.

The ICAO (aviators) 4 letter code for Carlsbad is KCRQ, while the IATA (travel agents code) is CLD.

Outside of the US and Canada the IATA code is almost never the last 3 letters of the ICAO code because most countries have a 2 letter region code unlike the continental US' 1 letter code (K).

Edit: CRQ is Caravelas, Brazil. Caracas is CCS.

The ICAO (aviators) 4 letter code for Carlsbad is KCRQ, while the IATA (travel agents code) is CLD.

Outside of the US and Canada the IATA code is almost never the last 3 letters of the ICAO code because most countries have a 2 letter region code unlike the continental US' 1 letter code (K).

Edit: CRQ is Caravelas, Brazil. Caracas is CCS.
I was off by........that much!:dunno::D

Now I know why pilots are out to cut each others throats. You guys should be supportive. Not a bunch of bitter guys happy to see another carrier have misfortunes.

You can't be serious? SkyWest expansion has cut our own throats. It would be like UPS guys pissed they had to furlough 100 pilots and wanting sympathy from US Airways pilots. Sure it sucks but c'mon.

I am sure I'm naive...but what's the deal? Closing SAN and SMF and opening LAX and SFO. SMF to SFO is an 87 mile commute...SAN to LAX is 120. I know people that commute 107 miles to DEN for Skywest.

Along with that...there's 16 lines out of SAN and there is 19 lines out of LAX once it opens. Not sure about the SMF/SFO "transfer."

The way I'm reading it is they're creating more lines which means more pilots per base which equals more pilots being used which in turn means there's "less" of a risk for furloughs due to overstaffing.

Just my $.02...FWIW

You can't be serious? SkyWest expansion has cut our own throats. It would be like UPS guys pissed they had to furlough 100 pilots and wanting sympathy from US Airways pilots. Sure it sucks but c'mon.

I am. And no it's not.

Back