SKYW closing SAN/CRQ/SMF, Opening SFO CRJ, LAX EMB Bases

We were getting the same doom and gloom on the Pinnacle side, but director of ops said in his weekly newletter last week that our -900 flying was up a bit and the -200 flying was down a bit. Net loss of 1%. Seeing as how we're overstaffed on the -900 and under on the -200, it looks like we got the flying boost where we needed it and the cut where we needed it, too.

haha...too many skippers at Skywest (and I'm guessing all regionals) talking about the good ole days and how experience makes all the difference, and the "youngsters" just don't "get it", when they've been there 21.5 months longer than the fo because they knew somebody and were able to get hired straight from off the 172....

We were getting the same doom and gloom on the Pinnacle side, but director of ops said in his weekly newletter last week that our -900 flying was up a bit and the -200 flying was down a bit. Net loss of 1%. Seeing as how we're overstaffed on the -900 and under on the -200, it looks like we got the flying boost where we needed it and the cut where we needed it, too.
We took the brunt of DCI cuts again.:(

haha...too many skippers at Skywest (and I'm guessing all regionals) talking about the good ole days and how experience makes all the difference, and the "youngsters" just don't "get it", when they've been there 21.5 months longer than the fo because they knew somebody and were able to get hired straight from off the 172....

What's even more funny is when guys hide behind a computer screen and talk smack.

I know ASA'S are. And they look horrible. We're just lucky (we = ASA and SKW) to have some specific contract language that no other DCI company has regarding % of flying per our fleet sizes. Seems to be the only thing keep a lot of guys employed.

Back