SKYW closing SAN/CRQ/SMF, Opening SFO CRJ, LAX EMB Bases

surreal1221,

How long were you employed by ASA before you got furloughed?

If I may, let's try not to get into this measure stick contest eh? Because you're going to say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've only been at your regional for 1 year!"

Then somebody else is going to come and say to you, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've only been at your regional for 7 years!"

Then somebody else is going to come in and say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've never flown internationally!"

Then somebody else is going to come in and say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've never flown the DC-6!!!"

It doesn't get us anywhere, and somebody out there, somewhere, has a better resume. I can understand fully when somebody like jhugz starts going on and on about how Gojets ain't that bad, and how we tell him "Listen bro, you've gotta spend some time doing part 121 flying before you can really get an idea of what's happening."

Josh has that part 121 time, he spent a year down in it and is just as qualified to speak his mind about his airline, their operations, and whatever else as any other regional pilot.

I dunno about you, but I've been told, "Listen sonny, you don't know what you're talking about until you have X experience," but every time I obtain it, it seems there's somebody else saying, "Yeah well, you don't REALLY know until you get Y," and once I get Y then it's still not good enough. Put simply, your argument turns into an infinite regress real quickly because some bigger fish swims by and tells you to .

Surreal,

Why would anybody at ASA be happy that ASA is sending guys to the street? I'm being dead serious, not trying to flame.

You know, I don't know the answer to that one. I don't understand the trend myself. But a number of individuals that I ended up flying with either didn't realize the long term ramifications of the company sending people to the street, but they were just too happy to see less people on the seniority list (in active status) so that they would be able to enjoy an improved schedule during the summer time. At least with the first wave of furloughs.

I haven't heard too many joyful comments from my peers in reaction to the second furlough wave though. It seems everyone now may have a slightly more humble take on the situation than prior.

surreal1221,

How long were you employed by ASA before you got furloughed?

I was an active pilot with the company for one year. Anything else you'd like to know?

I was an active pilot with the company for one year. Anything else you'd like to know?

Ahhhh, so many questions to ask, so little time

Have you ever gone cow-tipping?
Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes?
T.V. show you secretly enjoy?
Do you find these questions funny?

If I may, let's try not to get into this measure stick contest eh? Because you're going to say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've only been at your regional for 1 year!"

Then somebody else is going to come and say to you, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've only been at your regional for 7 years!"

Then somebody else is going to come in and say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've never flown internationally!"

Then somebody else is going to come in and say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've never flown the DC-6!!!!

I literally LOL'ed at this comment!:rotfl:

Ahhhh, so many questions to ask, so little time

Have you ever gone cow-tipping?
Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes?
T.V. show you secretly enjoy?
Do you find these questions funny?

And then spit my water out!!!:laff::clap:

Notice how I asked him one simple question. I never told him he he isn't qualified to express his opinion. I did that fora reason. I'm just trying gather a little background info on a guy who has an expert opinion about EVERY issue on jc.
That's all. Now you John! Your on furlough so your not qualified to say anything. :)

how's that going btw?

Then somebody else is going to come in and say, "Yeah well kid, you don't know what you're talking about because you've never flown the DC-6!!!"

It doesn't get us anywhere, and somebody out there, somewhere, has a better resume. I can understand fully when somebody like jhugz starts going on and on about how Gojets ain't that bad, and how we tell him "Listen bro, you've gotta spend some time doing part 121 flying before you can really get an idea of what's happening."

Josh has that part 121 time, he spent a year down in it and is just as qualified to speak his mind about his airline, their operations, and whatever else as any other regional pilot.

I dunno about you, but I've been told, "Listen sonny, you don't know what you're talking about until you have X experience," but every time I obtain it, it seems there's somebody else saying, "Yeah well, you don't REALLY know until you get Y," and once I get Y then it's still not good enough. Put simply, your argument turns into an infinite regress real quickly because some bigger fish swims by and tells you to .

Furlough's going alright, though I'm back to being unemployed. In the last 9 months I've...

-Been unemployed for 2 months
-Been a ski instructor
-Been a greens keeper at a golf course
-And now back to unemployed.

I start law school in 4 weeks, which should be interesting. Goodbye flying airplanes for a living, hello...suing people for a living?

Furlough's going alright, though I'm back to being unemployed. In the last 9 months I've...

-Been unemployed for 2 months
-Been a ski instructor
-Been a greens keeper at a golf course
-And now back to unemployed.

I start law school in 4 weeks, which should be interesting. Goodbye flying airplanes for a living, hello...suing people for a living?

for what it's worth, on the jumpseat home the FO had 12 years in with United, was on the smallest aircraft, and is on the verge of furlough. Oh and he's in his 50's with a wife and kids at home. At least you and I have 30 years to have a second chance.

for what it's worth, on the jumpseat home the FO had 12 years in with United, was on the smallest aircraft, and is on the verge of furlough. Oh and he's in his 50's with a wife and kids at home. At least you and I have 30 years to have a second chance.

Second chance?

Broseph, my second chance is hopefully gonna be as a labor lawyer for one of the airline pilot unions. I'm done paying my bills by flying airplanes for a living :)

Second chance?

Broseph, my second chance is hopefully gonna be as a labor lawyer for one of the airline pilot unions. I'm done paying my bills by flying airplanes for a living :)

Good luck man. That's quite an honorable thing to do. Its gonna be a tough road as well though I assume.

Second chance?

I'm telling you man. If I toss the towel in, I'm headed right down the same road.

H and H Labor Law
"Screwing management for you."

Second chance?

Good to hear bro! You'd kill as a labor lawyer for a union.

Airline :"We feel that our reason for letting go of Capt. ABC was sufficient, he was ordered to arrive within 12 hours to the airport for a junior manning flight. However, he told us to shove it up our behinds."

Train: "That behavior is completely out of line, he should of donkey punched you before telling you to shove it up your behind!

:laff:

I know.....I kept hearing massive cut backs and this update made it seem not as bad as it sounded.

Back