Plane Down in Buffalo - Colgan Continental Flight 3407

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP crew. Don't know many that fly for Colgan...just 1 or 2 from here.

When I first heard of the accident, for some reason in the instant that I heard it, thoughts of American Eagle 4184 came to mind. Probably due to a similar style of aircraft and similar WX conditions, although the phase of flight was different. Many here are probably too young to remember the 1994 accident of the ATR in Roselawn, IN, but thats what came to mind. Not saying there's any bearing one way or the other, just sharing the thought.

I'm without cable and internet here at home. I just woke up and read a text from Doug just saying it was no one from JC. As I was laying back down I put it figured it out.

I really don't know what to say to you all at Colgan but I am so sorry for your loss.

I woke up about an hour ago and just heard the news. The first two people to come to mind were Seggy and Qgar. I rushed to JC to make sure they checked in. I can't say how happy I am to see them on the first page of this thread.

R.I.P. My condolences to the families.

Qgar I am so sorry. Unfortunately, I know what it's like to loose friends and loved one to such tragic circumstances. Unfortunately nothing we can say will alleviate the pain, sorrow, and that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. But know that our hearts and prayers are with you and the families suffering from this tragedy.

Oh boy...My condolences to the Colgan Family here. I was on you guys yesterday (day of tragedy).

Stay strong guys.

Colgan folk - I can't imagine what you guys are going through. I'm so sorry. God be with you.

To the victims - rest in peace.

Wonder if the winds played any role. Here in the northeast the winds were howling 30 - 60 mph yesterday afternoon into last night.
Very sad!
R.I.P FLT 3407

Im digging qround the internet on a terrible European keyboqrd. Only if its official, have they releqsed the name of the crewmembers?

Im digging qround the internet on a terrible European keyboqrd. Only if its official, have they releqsed the name of the crewmembers?

They released the name of the crew on ABC news about an hour ago. All I can remember is that the pilot had about 3,400TT, the co-pilot about 2,200TT (they mentioned these figures like 50 times in 3 minutes) and there was a senior flight attendant working the flight and another one was just onboard catching a lift home.

There were 49 people on board that died and 1 person on the ground that died.

PBUT

I'll google around on ABC's site and see if I can find the list of names they showed on the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back